PDA

View Full Version : Two Civil War Muskets For Trade Or Sale

Stang0920
01-09-2012, 04:25 PM
I am reposting this in the for sale section. A member of another forum suggested I post a thread here on this board. I have two 1800's muskets that I would like to possibly trade or sell. I am not real versed in Civil War Arms. I am an avid shooter and collector of more modern weapons. The muskets I have were found in an attic several years ago prior to the house being demolished. One is marked Harpers Ferry with a date of 1854 behind the hammer and in front of the hammer is the eagle and below the eagle US. The Harpers Ferry model, hammer, trigger, and internals all appear to be working as they should. The hammer engages in half cock and full cock and when the trigger is pulled does release the hammer. From what i have been told this is an 1842 smoothbore model. The stock on this gun has around a dozen X's that I would assume denotes possibly that it was used during the Civil War and could mean confirmed kills The second one is marked P.J. Malherbe Belgium made percussion musket and is marked CIE a Liege. This gun has no hammer though. I would like to make a package deal on the both of them. They are in my opinion somewhat rough in condition but I am sure they have some collector or parts value. If you are interested please notify me. If you would like to see photos please send me an email address to send the photos to. If I can figure out the picture thing I will post some pictures but at this point havent had any success. Trade for more modern type handgun or sell the pair for $500.00. Thanks.

propertymanager
01-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Can you please send the pics to nssapropertymgr@aol.com. Thanks, Tim.

chowey
01-09-2012, 09:45 PM
I would also be interested in pictures.

howeysensei@yahoo.com

Thanks

mike davenport
01-10-2012, 09:23 AM
I am local to you and would be willing ot meet with you and determine what youhave and its value
If interested please send me a message via this board
Mike Davenport
Dismal Swamp Rangers

R Filbert
01-11-2012, 03:26 PM
Bob here could u give a ring ? Got qite a few nubees that u might be interestd in -Lever guns an such? Even some old motorcycles? wa da u think? Give a call 540-662-7318

R Filbert
01-11-2012, 03:37 PM
Guess I jumped the gun should have read a little further -is the maherby all there in the wood department? I have hammers for these if the tumblers not bused off- got tumblers to though give a shout! same number.

R Filbert
01-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Robert back at ya - have ya sold em yet? if not heres my E mail-would like to see pics beazerflea@gmail.com

Stang0920
01-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Robert back at ya - have ya sold em yet? if not heres my E mail-would like to see pics beazerflea@gmail.com

I believe I have responded to all that wanted pics. They are still here as of now.

Beth
01-13-2012, 08:46 PM
I would like to see pics of these guns if you still have them. Thank you. bethnurs@comcast.net