PDA

View Full Version : Two Civil War Muskets For Trade

Stang0920
12-31-2011, 01:10 PM
A member of another forum suggested I post a thread here on this board. I have two 1800's muskets that I would like to possibly trade. I am not real versed in Civil War Arms. I am an avid shooter and collector of more modern weapons. The muskets I have were found in an attic several years ago prior to the house being demolished. One is marked Harpers Ferry with a date of 1854 behind the hammer and in front of the hammer is the eagle and below the eagle US. The Harpers Ferry model, hammer, trigger, and internals all appear to be working as they should. The hammer engages in half cock and full cock and when the trigger is pulled does release the hammer. The stock on this gun has around a dozen X's that I would assume denotes possibly that it was used during the Civil War and could mean confirmed kills The second one is marked P.J. Malherbe Belgium made percussion musket and is marked CIE a Liege. This gun has no hammer though. I would like to make a package deal on the both of them. They are in my opinion somewhat rough in condition but I am sure they have some collector value. If you are interested please notify me. If you would like to see photos please send me an email address to send the photos to. The trades I would consider are for more modern type weapons. Thanks.

Muley Gil
12-31-2011, 08:21 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you have some good guns.

You should probably repost in the "For Sale or Trade" section. Also, you need to post a price or state what you whould like in trade. We don't do auctions.

Can you post pictures? The Harper's Ferry could either be a .54 or .58 caliber two band rifle or most likely, a .69 caliber smoothbore musket.

Stang0920
01-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks I am new here and thought this was in the right area. First I am not too skilled at this pcture thing. I can send them by way of email. Secondly I thought this was the right area can it be moved by me or does a mod have to do it. And last but not least I would consider trading both of these for modern handguns. If there is anything I need to do please let me know.

Muley Gil
01-02-2012, 08:05 PM
If I were you, I would just start another thread here:

http://www.n-ssa.org/vbforum/forumdisplay.php?7-Wanted-For-Sale-Items

John Holland
01-03-2012, 01:09 AM
Not to start an arguement here, but would someone please show me where in the "Rules of this Bulletin Board" it is stated that when someone has something to sell they HAVE to post the price?
JDH

Eggman
01-03-2012, 01:51 PM
In regard to the "Xs" you mentioned - I have a smoothbore trade gun flinter I built a number of year ago with brass tacks on it. The brass tacks represent the number of times I actually hit a target.

RaiderANV
01-04-2012, 05:42 PM
Eggs.......What's the goin' price fer TWO brass tacks?!?!? =)

Eggman
01-04-2012, 07:40 PM
I still have a good supply of unused tacks I bought for the trade gun in '76. The last target I hit with the smoothbore was sometime in the 80's, only it was just a partial hit as I recall, a rooster pheasant wounded in the left wing with #6 shot. So the tacks have had a fairly long shelf life. Figuring in 114 per cent inflation I can maybe supply you with a musket's worth for around 11 or 12 cents each. You will also need some Brasso. What is the N-SSA rule on this?

Eggman
01-04-2012, 07:44 PM
Oh that's right you only wanted two. Sorry, the minimum order for smoothbore shooters is three.