PDA

View Full Version : Wanted.

Bob Seng, 10979
01-28-2009, 01:00 PM
Looking for a very hard item now days.I am looking for the young kids of yesteryear whom would knock on you door and ask to shovel the snow off your driveway. Heck 5 inches of snow yesterday and 10 inches last nite and no one knocking on my door.

If anyone finds one laying around let me know and we can talk trade,

S.Sullivan
01-28-2009, 01:38 PM
They are currently in their igloo with Ipod and X-box.
S.Sullivan (who neither owns nor understands either)

Rick Dunbrook, 08555V
01-28-2009, 02:27 PM
You oughta move out of Indiana and and come to Ohio. We have more young entreprenures shoveling snow than we have homes in our neighborhood. I hate snow and winter! Think Spring!

bobanderson
01-28-2009, 05:29 PM
This year is going to be in the top 10 for snowfall totals in Michigan.

We should all get our muskets out and go groundhog hunting on Monday.

Harry
01-28-2009, 05:46 PM
Well Bob we got the last of that same storm here in NJ this morning. At 8:30 my 11 year old had two friends over playing video games .... the History channels Civil War (great fun by the way). At 9 my son told his friends it was time to go to work. They both bailed and hit another friends house for more video games. My son grabbed the shovel and hit the sidewalks and cars .... a few seniors he does everytime and moves on without asking for anything ... the rest he takes whatever they offer, high or low. He made twice what I did at work today. He has a goal. He is saving up for a smoothbore so he can enter the Blue Mtn. Rifles Primitive shoots this year. Last year he bought himself his hunting license and a nice CVA inline muzzleloader to deer hunt with. I worry about the kids today .... boy do I sound like my father now .... but they expect it handed to them or worse just shrug and say they are fine without ... no ambition, drive, goals. I am proud of my son .... heck next time it snows I should call out and go with him and make the BIG bucks.

Edwin Flint, 8427
01-28-2009, 06:28 PM
You Yanks need to move South. :) Last two days, temps in the 60s. Little chilly today in the 40's. When we get snow, we don't worry about shoveling. It goes away on its own in a day or so. :D

Jerry Ward
01-28-2009, 06:38 PM
Ed,

Shhhhhhh!