PDA

View Full Version : WTB

Wagonrider
12-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Looking for a rear sight base and screw that will fit a Hoyt dovetail. Don't know if that makes a difference. Looking here first to try and save a little. If anyone has one laying around,collecting dust contact me via the P.M. here. Thanks.

Blair
12-13-2011, 02:52 PM
Wagonrider,

Hoyt makes a variety of barrels for a variety of different usages and time periods. (it does make a difference)
Can you give use an idea on what you currently have? (Military model type?)
This could help greatly in identifying what it is you are actually looking for.
Just a thought on my part,
Blair

Wagonrider
12-13-2011, 03:30 PM
2-Band Colt ( I guess 1861 Special Contract)

Blair
12-13-2011, 03:57 PM
If R. Hoyt made this arm like he normally does, you should have no problem getting the parts and piece you need from either Lodgewood, or S&S Fireams.
Do you need their contact info?
A Google search under either name will get you what you are looking for.
Blair

Wagonrider
12-13-2011, 04:02 PM
I've already looked at the standard suppliers on the web. Was posting here to see if I could find one a little more reasonable.

Blair
12-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Wagonrider,

Yes, of course reasonable!
My apologize.
Please, disregard all my previous postings. Thank you.
Blair

Wagonrider
12-13-2011, 04:47 PM
Blair, No apoligies needed. Just trying to save a buck or two in these times. Who knows ,maybe if this thing shoots well, I'll send it down to you so you can rework the stock. Right now it feels like a chunky baseball bat in my arms.

Blair
12-14-2011, 03:09 PM
Wagonrider,

You have invested in one of the best barrels available in this sport. Why not invest in the best available rear sight to go with that barrel? There are some very high quality new made sights available today. Hoyt, I would bet, has the correct rear sight and screw for your barrel.
Please keep in mind that this is just my opinion, saving a few bucks on the rear sight is not going to be beneficial to you in the long term.
Blair