PDA

View Full Version : Sharps .54 scoped rifle

gov.com
01-26-2009, 08:52 PM
WTN:
Any ideas if this is a nice buy?..seems like the gun is pretty good with
new scope? any input..looking to get a Sharps? not sure which direction to go? anyhoo someone might be interested...Tally hoo!!

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =121593635 (http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=121593635)

WV SCROUNGER
01-27-2009, 07:34 AM
When considering a Sharps I always advise to Buy the Best you can afford. Most shooters say to Buy a Shiloh if you are gonna get a Sharps.
They say you wont be pleased with anything else......
Look at the Negative Feedback this seller has........WOW
I wouldnt risk my $$$ on him.....

gov.com
01-27-2009, 01:12 PM
Spoke with the seller, she is very nice. She was only a few miles away from my home.Allowed me to see the rifle. and scope
looks like brand new...while I was away folks had already bid..ugg
very nice folks though...scope has lifetime warranty..all paperwork.
I'll bid on it, even though its IAB it seems tight and well made.

WV SCROUNGER
01-27-2009, 03:16 PM
I got my Sharps ( just like the one in the auction) for $400. These are IAB Sporting rifles. Mine shoots great...does not bind up if you use antiseize grease.

RaiderANV
01-27-2009, 10:44 PM
I learned a Loooonnnggggg time ago that to post anything on here with it's location attached, and ask a question about it before you try to buy it is a reallly bad idea. :shock:

It's sorta like placing a HUGE neon arrow pointing the way for half the world to go outbid/raise the price on ya. :roll:

Shiloh_54_military
03-02-2009, 09:19 PM
I've had a number of Sharps percussion rifles and carbines. The Shilohs are by far the best. Used 54s can be had for $1000 to $1400 on gunbroker and audtionarms. I paid $850 for a non-shiloh sporting rifle on Cabelas gun library and sent it back.. not very well finished. New Italian copies are selling for that much. my pick is to spend the extra few bucks and get first class Shiloh. IMHO-1400