PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli Muzzleloaders and parts

MR. GADGET
11-23-2011, 06:46 PM
So Cabelas was running a sale on the Pedersoli 1816 musket.
I picked one up as I had one in my hands and really liked the feel and was looking another smoothbore.
Hearing a lot more about DP muskets and the new ones on the market I was thinking what the heck.
For the money I really don't know it was a deal. There were several patches of rust one it, one big one about 1"x 2.5" between the barrel and the ramrod. The Fit is not the best, butt plate has a gap at the bottom, you can stick a credit card in it. The center band is a lot wider then needed and a gap on each side of the wood and barrel. Touches the barrel on the top and wood on the bottom, not much on the sides at all.
Wood looks real nice. Barrel looks Nice other then the rust. The lock acted like it had sand in it.

As I looked into it thinking that I would call DP and talk to them about it, they have nothing in the US.
Just several importers, Cabelas is one... So I can't call DP and ask if I can get a band that will fit better or talk to them about rust.

Parts are not really out there that I could find. I hope some of the guys at Nationals carry the parts, the sear does not look like it will last at all, from dings and the edges it looks soft.

The one good thing about Euro Arms was they had one big Importer and a lot of parts easy to be had.

Greg Ogdan 110th OVI
11-24-2011, 10:39 AM
Jon, FWIW, I had an issue with the rear ladder sight leaf on a DP Sharps Infantry that I had bought used. I emailed the company in Italy and about a week later, I had a replacement leaf arrive in the mail WITH NO BILL. I don't know about your issues, but DP certainly treated me right. Also, while the DP and Shiloh guns are not comparable in many respects, accuracy certainly IS NOT one. My DP Sharps Infantry shoots lights out!

Space Cowboy
11-25-2011, 02:39 AM
Dear Jon,

I sent your message directly to the factory. It is very uncommom to see such defects with Pedersoli guns, as the interior of barrels, as well as all metal parts are heavily oiled at the factory before packaging, so maybe the gun spent a lot time on display somewhere and was cleaned of lubrication.

In case of quality problems you can allways contact the company directly. Pedersoli is always helpful in solving such problems. PLease send me a PM so I can forward your e-mail address to the factory.

Cheers,
SC

So Cabelas was running a sale on the Pedersoli 1816 musket.
I picked one up as I had one in my hands and really liked the feel and was looking another smoothbore.
Hearing a lot more about DP muskets and the new ones on the market I was thinking what the heck.
For the money I really don't know it was a deal. There were several patches of rust one it, one big one about 1"x 2.5" between the barrel and the ramrod. The Fit is not the best, butt plate has a gap at the bottom, you can stick a credit card in it. The center band is a lot wider then needed and a gap on each side of the wood and barrel. Touches the barrel on the top and wood on the bottom, not much on the sides at all.
Wood looks real nice. Barrel looks Nice other then the rust. The lock acted like it had sand in it.

As I looked into it thinking that I would call DP and talk to them about it, they have nothing in the US.
Just several importers, Cabelas is one... So I can't call DP and ask if I can get a band that will fit better or talk to them about rust.

Parts are not really out there that I could find. I hope some of the guys at Nationals carry the parts, the sear does not look like it will last at all, from dings and the edges it looks soft.

The one good thing about Euro Arms was they had one big Importer and a lot of parts easy to be had.