PDA

View Full Version : WTS Miroku Made for Ultra-Hi Zouave Excellent Condition

jack 8thVirginia
11-17-2011, 03:04 PM
This Zouave has a very nice tiger stripe stock and is in like new condition. Made for Ultra-Hi by Miroku Japan. Great bore! I picked this up in a trade and it looks like it has been fired very few times. $360.00 Shipped to your door in the original 48

aafjack@yahoo.com

Jack Harper 8th VA

Eggman
11-17-2011, 07:28 PM
To all - does anyone have information on the overall safety record of this model Zouave. Also is it N-SSA approved?

Francis J. Miller Jr, 02601
11-17-2011, 09:03 PM
Eggman,

Cannot give any information on overall safety record, and according to the N-SSA approved arms list the answer would be "no".

http://www.n-ssa.org/NATIONAL/SAC_Jun2011.pdf

Hope this helps

Southron Sr.
11-17-2011, 09:53 PM
I would trust any gun made by Miroku. They have manufactured both shotguns and rifles that were sold here in the U.S. under both the Winchester and Browning brand names.

Back in 1979 I ran into a Rev War Re-enactor with his right shoulder and arm in a cast. He had been engaged in a re-enactment and volley firing. He kept loading his replica Brown Bess over and over, never realizing his gun wasn't firing until one time it finally did (he estimated the gun probably had 20 or so charges in it when it finally went off.)

The recoil of the replica Brown Bess BROKE HIS SHOULDER and put him on the ground. He was rushed to the hospital. As for the Brown Bess???

It was fine. That replica Bess was made by Miroku which says a Heck of a Lot about the Quality of Steel in their barrels. One of the reasons that Japanese steel is so good is that following World War II the Japanese rebuilt their steel plants our B-29 had bombed out. The steel plants were rebuilt using the latest in technology.

So, I would have no hesitation about the quality and safety of any gun made by Miroku.

I am sure the Miroku made Zouave could be submitted to the SAC for Individual Approval and would probably pass with flying colors.

Eggman
11-18-2011, 09:40 AM
Good to hear. I still remember the "Ultra Hi" Kentucky rifles from the 70's that were scary.

jack 8thVirginia
11-22-2011, 03:30 PM
OK, $355.00 shipped.

jack 8thVirginia
11-25-2011, 12:20 PM
I've found out that Miroku makes guns for Winchester, Browning and Charles Daley and they haven't made black powder guns for about 30 years. They quit making them because with the material and labor cost they weren't making any money off them. There is a Miroku Zouave on Gunbroker right now for $400 + shipping and it doesn't look half as good as this one. Here are a couple of pictures of the Zouave.

William H. Shuey
11-27-2011, 04:20 PM
I have a repro St. Etienne Model 1763 (a.k.a. "Charleville") made by Miroku and it is a real sweet heart, as "Flinch locks" go. I took it to a demo shoot some years ago and out of 50 rounds fired I think it failed to fire once, maybe twice. Marvelous piece, I've been tempted to bring it to a skirmish for a smooth bore match and see what a ruckus I can stir up.
If anyone challenges it's applicability I can always ask them to prove that no back woods militia unit, North or South, ever mustered with some old flint locks from the Revolution in hand.
Seriously, I'd trust a Miroku built piece hands down. If I had the $$ to spare I'd buy this one in a heartbeat.

Bill Shuey

jack 8thVirginia
12-08-2011, 08:23 PM
Bump .....

jack 8thVirginia
12-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Last Reduction, $340.00 Shipped to your door.

Historyhunter-2007
06-09-2012, 04:45 PM
Last Reduction, $340.00 Shipped to your door.

Greg Kershul< Idaho

jack 8thVirginia
06-09-2012, 06:09 PM
SOLD!! Sold!!