PDA

View Full Version : Rancid Crisco

Eggman
11-08-2011, 12:32 PM
I use a lot of Crisco on my revolvers and carbines. My wife will only let me use the stuff that's turned rancid. Is there any way to ger that terrible smell off my fingers?? I've tried gasoline but then my fingers stink like gasolline.

Wagonrider
11-08-2011, 02:25 PM
Eggman, Have you tried licking them clean? Perhaps you could give up shooting revolver and carbine. Or maybe you could buy your own Crisco. :confused:

Eggman
11-08-2011, 05:15 PM
The Iredell Blues are all supernumerarieist revolver shooters and require everyone to either shoot a revolver or haul water. Fresh Crisco is too expensive plus the rancid microbes add additional lubrication qualities.
Now, again, my problem is, how do you get rid of the odor??

Wagonrider
11-08-2011, 06:57 PM
Wow , I had no idea that ya'll were so superior to the rest of the community. You are in luck. I stayed at a holiday Inn Express last night and might have the answer to your problem. Go to either Bed,Bath,and Body or Victoria's Secret and they should be able to find the fragrance that you seek. Once you have found the fragrance you prefer, buy enough to supply the other members of your team. (that way no one will notice your stinky hands). :p

Eggman
11-10-2011, 12:38 PM
I tried the Bed, Bath, and Beyond stuff, but when I visited Buckhead (Atlanta) these strange looking fellows with styled hair (kind of like Nick Saban's and Mark Richt's) kept following me around.

Pat in Virginia
11-10-2011, 04:54 PM
I understand skunk scent will overcome rancid Crisco. You might give that a try. I recommend you try some because then maybe your wife will let you have some fresh Crisco in honor of your initiative, of course.

Pat in Virginia

Eggman
11-10-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't know -- I've been using the rancid stuff since '72.

Southron Sr.
11-11-2011, 01:22 PM
Dear Eggman:

Everyone knows that the best Lube you can ever get is ear wax from Hummingbirds.

They are easily caught, just hang up some of those sugar water Hummingbird feeders on your front porch and then catch them with Butterfly Nets.

Then use the "Extra Small Size Q-Tips" to remove their ear wax.

After that, let them go. The birds will be grateful because after you get the ear wax our of their ears, they can hear better!!!!

Better yet, Hummingbird ear wax does not stink. Smells like Hummingbirds!

RaiderANV
11-11-2011, 10:56 PM
Jus' stick with shootin' ah MAYNARD & you'll have no worries. :cool:

Edwin Flint
11-14-2011, 04:18 PM
Go to your hunting store and get Red Fox pee. It will cover that rancid crisco scent at once. It will also make your wife stay at least 50 feet away from from you. I let you decide if that is an advantage or not! It may make her let you use the good stuff!;)

Southron Sr.
11-14-2011, 08:32 PM
Once again, I am astounded by the superior wisdom and knowledge of Judge Flint.

What a brilliant solution of Eggman's quandary!

Of course, finding Eggman and his team at a Skirmish on the firing line will be EASY, just look for the team with 7 of the members are wearing gas masks!

Eggman
11-15-2011, 10:24 AM
I have to admit that sometimes I'm skeptical about Ed'd advice, but this time it was golden. I went to Walmart and picked up a bottle of fox pee and then set off to the target range. I scattered my usual allotment of .451 revolver balls randomly about the hillside, as always accompanied by profuse gobs of rancid Crisco. At cleanup time I applied a liberal coat of fox pee to my hands. The result was amazing! For some reason the combination of fox pee, black powder residue, and rancid Crisco emits a very mild and pleasant aroma, very similar to magnolia blossoms. I must recommend it to everyone!
One caveat, the bottle only said "fox urine." It did not specify red or grey fox. That may be because the two species have become so mixed up. The one that hunts lizards in our front yard is a combination. What color are the foxes in Arkansas?

NJCOP
11-15-2011, 02:52 PM
You could always find a beef rendering plant or a butchers shop and ask for some free beef fat and boil it down in lieu of using rancid Crisco. Just tell the butcher your Crisco went rancid, your broke and your wife needs shortnin to make Apple like grandma use to. Use half for the gun, half for the pie. Your gun won't smell and you get to eat the pie. Everybody likes pie. Take a slice to the butcher and you'll have free tallow till the end of days.

Eggman
11-15-2011, 06:03 PM
Currently we're using all of our available suet to lubricate my nephew's '56 Chevy pickup.

Scott Kurki, 12475
11-16-2011, 09:41 AM
You guys are really making this much harder than it has to be. Just get yourself a bar of Camay beauty soap, that'll fix you up. ;)

Eggman
11-16-2011, 10:26 AM
I was told Camay went out of business in 1954.

Lou Lou Lou
11-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Camay is still available on-line. Spend a buck!

rampa_room_artillery
11-16-2011, 03:05 PM
does the lube really change your accuracy? sounds like alot of work for stuff you can buy really cheap or get at the food bank.

rick bryan

Eggman
11-16-2011, 04:26 PM
I still belong to the Maximus Lubricus Slikum Bullikus Society, a splinter group that split off from the El Sluggo bench shooter wing of the NMLRA. Yes and our mottos are "The slicker the better!" and "Grease is the thing!"
Us Southerners ain't got money to throw around on luxuries like perfumed soap like you folks from New Yawk Lou Lou Lou. You could loan me some next natl. though.

Ron/The Old Reb
11-16-2011, 04:39 PM
Use Baboon pee. It makes Fox pee smell like Chanel No.5

Eggman
11-17-2011, 11:09 AM
My wife says if I don't stop this string immediately I have to go back in for therapy.

matt
11-17-2011, 12:08 PM
Is that the Electric Shock Therapy?
Matt
Winslow's Battery 9775v

Eggman
11-17-2011, 02:22 PM
Actually that's not my main concern. I received an email from the Grand Lubricant of the MLSBS threatening disciplinary action if I keep blabbing about our semisecret society. There's some embarrassing stuff out there -- like how we had to abandon our secret handshake because our hands kept slipping off each other.