PDA

View Full Version : guns for sale

Dan Mastin
10-28-2011, 04:02 PM
Original Mississippi by Tyron dated 1848 (I think). When I got it, it had been bored out to about 65 cal so I had it relined by Hoyt to .58 cal (3 lands & grooves). I believe everything else is original. The stock is quite good with both US inspectors marks and New Jersey marks. I have not fired it before or since the reline. It is a bit odd in that it has a lug for a socket bayonet on the under side of the barrel but I see no way to mount one because the lug is directly below the front sight. A bayonet that would fit would need 2 bridges. $1800

Dixie 1854 Jager. Gun has been upgraded by the previous owner who did the necessary lock work. I had the barrel relined by Hoyt to .54 cal (mulit groove). It was missing the sling swivels but I will include replacements from the rifle shop that are about 90% finished. $1250

I had good intentions of sighting both of these in and skirmishing with them but .........................I've gotten old and lazy.

Pics available

Dan Mastin
11th Indiana

John Holland
10-28-2011, 04:41 PM
Dan -

Is there any way you could send me photos of the muzzle end of the Mississippi/bayonet lug arrangement? Side view and bottom view?

Thanks!

John Holland

Email: jh44ny (at) verizon.net

Dan Mastin
10-28-2011, 04:48 PM
John

I'll get pics out this evening.

Dan

Muley Gil
10-31-2011, 08:04 AM
You probably won't need to "Fix Bayonets!" at the Fort unless you plan on charging the pigeon board! :D