PDA

View Full Version : Armi Sport Richmond Carbine

Gary B
10-27-2011, 11:30 AM
I see where Taylor & Co. now offeres a C S Richmond Carbine for sale.

http://www.taylorsfirearmsstore.com/product728.html

Can anyone tell me if this carbine has been submitted for, or received N-SSA production approval ?

Thanks in advance,
Gary B.

John Holland
10-27-2011, 12:59 PM
Gary -

Very simply, the answer to both questions is "No."

John Holland
Chairman, Small Arms Committee

Gary B
11-07-2011, 10:51 AM
Thats too bad. It would be nice to have a production Richmond carbine available to get folks into a one without the expence of a custom build.
Thanks John,
Gary B.

Southron Sr.
11-07-2011, 11:14 AM
In 1861 my Great-Great-Grandfather Francis Marion Warren was a member of the "DeKalb Guards" from Bulloch County, Georgia. They were stationed on Jekyll Island building gun emplacements and installing the cannon in those emplacements.

According to the memoirs of one of the members of the unit, shortly after they arrived on Jekyll, they were issued brand new Enfields that came in on one of the Blockade Runners that arrived in Savannah.

After examining their new Enfields, the first thing they did was to knock the rear sights off!

Why?

As near as I can figure it, because even as late as the 1960's Bulloch County was "shotgun only" territory.

So the guys in the DeKalb Guards would agree that "Rear sights are overrated."

Mike McDaniel
11-07-2011, 01:54 PM
Thats too bad. It would be nice to have a production Richmond carbine available to get folks into a one without the expence of a custom build.
Thanks John,
Gary B.

Three's no reason someone could not get SAC approval for an individual purchase.

bilge water bob
11-09-2011, 06:10 AM
Is the issue the front sight?

Joe Plakis, 9575V
11-11-2011, 05:29 PM
Anybody out there have one of these new carbines from Taylor's? Please email me at Josephplakis@comcast.net

Gary B
11-21-2011, 09:39 AM
I would think the issue is that Taylors has not submitted one for production approval (according to John), so we may not know if there are any issues with the carbine at all. One would think they would want to get production approval to increase their sales (to skirmishers anyway).
Gary B.