PDA

View Full Version : .678 RB Mould Needed; Buy or Trade

xring2245
10-09-2011, 07:01 PM
I need a .678 RB mould, either a Lyman or Rapine. My smoothbore won't take the .685s I cast from a Rapine mould. I will purchase outright or trade for the Rapine mould.

James

hp gregory
10-11-2011, 07:32 AM
get with bobby elka on the 17th va. he makes the best smoothy molds out there. you tell him what size you want and he custom makes it on his cnc mill. they are a work of art. the best part is hardly any sprue to cut off. all iron and a very thick sprue plate whick helps the ball fill out. he may have a 678 left from the national. thats the size i use. they are the best i have seen.
hp

Bill w/Knaps
10-11-2011, 07:40 AM
get with bobby elka on the 17th va. he makes the best smoothy molds out there. you tell him what size you want and he custom makes it on his cnc mill. they are a work of art. the best part is hardly any sprue to cut off. all iron and a very thick sprue plate whick helps the ball fill out. he may have a 678 left from the national. thats the size i use. they are the best i have seen.
hp

HP, how do you get in touch with Bobby?

xring2245
10-11-2011, 09:49 AM
hp

Sounds great. I need contact info if you have it.

James

Lou Lou Lou
10-11-2011, 04:27 PM
I would be interested as well

Bob Elka, 12001
10-11-2011, 05:15 PM
I can be reached at bob.elka1610@gmail.com
They are $125 + $10 shipping.....
My .678's went quick but should have another batch sometime next week.
When you contact me give me desired size and some idea how hard your lead is.
I size them with wheelweights if your casting something closer to pure lead there is
additional shrinkage to consider. Blocks are designed for use with RCBS handles but
can be fit for Lyman handles if you specify ahead of time........bobby