PDA

View Full Version : Rifling in James River arms

Jack C., 69th NY
10-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Did Bob Hoyt stamp or in some manner mark the James River Armory barrels that he rifled?
Jack

Southron Sr.
10-03-2011, 11:47 AM
My understanding is that they are still around-just no longer doing replica Civil War small arms. Now they specialize in World War II and later arms.

They could probably answer your question if you were to give them a telephone call.

Mike McDaniel
10-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Yup, James River is still operating. They've moved into modern arms - Garands and such.

Jack C., 69th NY
10-03-2011, 02:01 PM
My understanding is that they are still around-just no longer doing replica Civil War small arms. Now they specialize in World War II and later arms.

They could probably answer your question if you were to give them a telephone call.

Senior members have senior moments. I just got off the phone with them. 7 land & groove rifling is Bob Hoyt's work. Asking if there are any non-Hoyt barrels, in the background I heard someone say NO, he did all of them.

Joe Plakis, 9575V
10-04-2011, 02:48 PM
Jack, Hoyt rifled them, they are not a custom Hoyt Barrel, they are a Euroarms barrel blanks that Hoyt cut the rifling in. It is one of those moments when it almost the real thing but not completely .