PDA

View Full Version : Larger frames for Remington Revolvers

Michael T.
09-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Wondering, have larger hands and own a Remington, do they make a larger frame and who might they be?

Mike McDaniel
09-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Depends on what you shoot now. Somehow, the earlier Italian repros wound up with 7/8th sized grip frames. The Hege Army Match, the Pedersoli, and the Pietta Shooter's Model have full-sized frames. Not sure about the others.

Michael T.
09-25-2011, 04:13 PM
Maybe some one will have one at Nationals I can get a feel of fit..

Chris Sweeney
09-25-2011, 07:24 PM
Who is the manufacturer of the one you have, and what is the vintage? Maybe you already got a full size one.

Michael T.
09-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Don't know, my grandson shoots it, he has smaller hands,fairly sure it is not full sized though..

Southron Sr.
09-26-2011, 02:55 PM
As for the 7/8th size frames found on some or the repro Remmies: In the investment casting process, there is an 8% "Shrinkage Factor" for steel. The Italian manufacturer was simply trying to save money by using the frame of an original Remmie as his "model" instead of having a "model" frame made up by a tool & die man that was 8% larger than the original.

rachbobo
09-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Wondering, have larger hands and own a Remington, do they make a larger frame and who might they be?

I found the same problem with mine, I have large hands also. I toyed with carving wider grips to fit my hands and still be within N-SSA specs.
I found it easier just to change the way I grip it, lower down and it fits fine.
Small hands, grip it high, large hands grip it low.

Bill Cheek