PDA

View Full Version : Pedersoli 1859 Sharps Infantry

Kenneth L. Walters
09-14-2011, 10:51 PM
Anyone have experience with one of these? If so, how many times can they be shot before blackpowder fouling freezes them up? And does the O-ring modification cure, or at least greatly reduce, this problem? Finally what is the advantage, if any, of the Shiloh 1863 Military Rifle?

Fauch125
09-15-2011, 08:27 AM
I had a Charlie Hahn o-ring mod done to an Armisport sharps carbine. Following his lubrication recommendations, and using Hahn cardboard tubes, I've never had the carbine breech lock up. I've shot upwards of 50 rounds at practice w/o issue.

Jim_Burgess_2078V
09-15-2011, 12:25 PM
I have no experience with the Pedersoli Sharps. I have a well used M1863 Shiloh Sharps carbine (.54 cal.) and M1863 Shiloh Sharps rifle (.50 cal.), both Farmingdale vintage. The rifle gets limited exercize only for individuals at the Nationals since I also shoot Henry. Both guns have unmodified breechblocks. The carbine seldom, if ever, has any problems with a sticking breechblock. The rifle does hang up occasionally but all I have to do when that happens is clean off the face of the breechblock plate between relays and I'm back in business. I shoot loose powder (GOEX FFg) with ringtail bullets in both guns.
Jim Burgess, 15th Conn. Vol. Inf.

Greg Ogdan 110th OVI
09-15-2011, 09:30 PM
I shoot both a Shiloh Carbine and a Pedersoli Infantry. Both have O-ring mods. The shiloh goes forever without attention. The Pedersoli is getting tight by the end of the Skirmish. No, I never take the gun down between events.