PDA

View Full Version : 5th Model Burnside Carbine for Sale

Jim Wimbish, 10395
09-09-2011, 11:54 PM
I have a nice 5th model Burnside for sale including 20 new unfired brass, a sizing die, and about 250 bullets. The gun is in very good condition with silvery case coloring on the lock plate along with excellent lock markings. There are subinspector markings on a number of the parts including the hammer, rear sight, butt plate, and hinge pin, but there are no cartouches on the stock. Bore and chamber are in excellent condition and trigger is good for an original. Main spring is strong. I had every intention of shooting this gun but have never gotten around to it. I picked up another Burnside at the Spring Nationals and need to let this one go. Barrel is a chocolate brown and all of the parts on the gun look to me to be original. This is a very nice Burnside and would make an excellent shooter. Wood is in very good condition and has the usual handling dings and a few scratches. Overall appearance of the gun is quite good. There is some very light pin prick pitting on some of the barrel and the receiver, but it is faint and doesn't take away from the appearance of the gun. Will have the gun with me at the Potomac this weekend. I will have pictures of the gun available on request on Sunday, if it doesn't sell this weekend. I am asking $1,400 for the Burnside.

Jim Wimbish
Chew's Battery

abstruse1
01-08-2012, 07:33 PM
Greetings. Do you still have this gun for sale?

Jim Wimbish, 10395
01-08-2012, 09:22 PM
Burnside is still available for sale.

Jim