PDA

View Full Version : Rogers and Spencer front sight

Lithuanian artillery
09-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Hi all

I just finished sighting in for the nationals. When I went to clean the revolver, I found that the front sight was gone.

Back to the drawing board...Does anyone know the exact height of the standard Armi-sport front sight? I can turn one on the lathe, but I would like to know the base and top diameter and the height above the barrel if possible.

Thanks in advance
Andy Sinkleris 3rd US

Wayne Shaw, 1985V
09-08-2011, 05:21 PM
Andy It took me a day to find my old R/S front sight but found it. Overall from the bottom to the point is .277 and the barley corn above the barrel is .266. The threads are metric (didn't have thread gauge to measure) very small? Hope this helps. Wayne Shaw Harlan's Light Cav

mwmoore10261
09-12-2011, 12:51 PM
I replaced my lost front sight with a metric bolt and cut it to height with a dremel tool.
I think it was 4 mm. Buy several metric bolts and keep them in your parts box. The threads are shallow and short in the barrel so the sight tends to vibrate loose. Use red loctite to prevent the sight from becoming loose. Good luck.
The other alternative would be to have Charlie Hahn cut a dovetail and put a tall front sight that is adjustable for windage.
Mike Moore, 10261V

DAVE FRANCE
09-13-2011, 06:54 PM
I have a box of M3 X 0.5 cap screws that I bought to use for a front sight on the Roger and Spencer revolver I had. I can send a few in a padded envelope if you want some.

David

Lithuanian artillery
09-14-2011, 04:35 PM
Thanks Dave...that would be great! Andy Sinkleris
115 Rancocas Ave
Riverside NJ 08075