PDA

View Full Version : WTT Original Smith Carbine for Repro 1860 Henry

Fauch125
09-07-2011, 11:38 AM
Wanted to know if there is any interest in trading and original Smith carbine for a reproduction 1860 Henry. I have an original Smith, all matching seriel numbers, which has been set up for skirmishing. It has a 8 month old Hoyt reline with less than 200 rounds through it, pristine. It has been restocked with a dunlop stock. I even glass bedded the front guard and front of the buttstock for perfect wood to metal fit. I think its had trigger work done, before I bought it, N-SSA legal. Several screws have been replaced, including a larger Lodgewood hinge screw. Lockup is tight with no side to side play. Carbine functions flawlessly, chambers black plastic cases w/o issue loading or extraction. Skirmish front sight, several rear sight options including notch and peep. Sights have been heavily staked by previous owner. I will include in the trade a collection of original and repro for original parts that either came off the carbine when I bought it, or I picked up as spares. This includes the original cartouched buttstock, which is in need of repair. I also have 150-200+ assorted black plastic, urethane, and even a small number of brass Smith cases to tinker with. Lyman .515 mould 515139C. In short, this is a complete Smith kit minus powder and caps.
I am looking for in trade an N-SSA approved repro 1860 Henry, preferably 44-40 but .45 LC considered. Must have well maintained bore, muzzle crown, and function correctly. Am also interested in the sizing die, bullet mould, and any brass. Basically, wondering if someone is interested in getting out of Henry shooting and is interested in a Smith carbine setup.
I'm in no rush, will be at the Fall Nationals for FTF inspection. At this point, I'm only interested in a trade. If I'm unsucesful, I may offer the carbine for sale at the Nationals (but worried my wife may have better use for the Smith money than a Henry purchase, lol). Happy to exhange photographs of the carbine for photos of your Henry. Will also be at Hopkinton, MA for EN regional sept 17-18. If interested in a trade, send an e-mail ( I check it more frequently the BB)
Thanks,
Jon Faucher
jonathan.faucher@verizon.net
4th Va. Inf EN region

bilge water bob
09-07-2011, 11:56 AM
you'll shoot your eye out!!!!!!

Fauch125
09-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Trade concluded, thank you for the replies.