PDA

View Full Version : peep sights

tmont
08-28-2011, 01:36 PM
Folks: prior to the conversion to the new web site host, I had bookmarked a pretty good thread/article regarding peep sights. The discussion covered suggested
diameters for different eye-to-rear sight distances. I find I cannot access the information now, guess was lost with new server. Would anyone have a copy of that
information they would be willing to share?
Thanks in advance.

Jerry Ward
08-28-2011, 03:46 PM
I wish I could help. Seems we have lost a lot of old information in the conversion.

lmcmahon
08-28-2011, 04:35 PM
I just did a search of post back to 2010. Do you remember the title of the post? There are 16 pages going back to March of 2010.

Try this old thread.....
[URL="http://www.n-ssa.org/vbforum/showthread.php?3087-Fuzzy-Peep-Sight-Question&daysprune=-1"]

nssa-admin
08-28-2011, 06:06 PM
All the information is still there, just search for it. Links in posts from before the conversion have not yet been converted, it will take me a bit of programming to work out how to convert them from the old to the new format, but the posts are still there. Use the FAQ above on the menu and read the searching tips to get better search results.

Fearless Frank
08-28-2011, 07:51 PM
5/64 seems to be the best starting size. Once you have it properly centered you can always drill it out bigger; the center is not going to change.

tmont
08-29-2011, 08:41 AM
Thanks for all the input and tips. Always appreciate the time folks take to assist.

Southron Sr.
08-29-2011, 06:33 PM
MY issue with peep sights, and the reason I quit using them is that it is awfully easy to shoot on your neighbor teams target board. That is why I quit using peep sights.

As for the Individual Matches, peep sights are excellent.

Lou Lou Lou
08-30-2011, 06:29 AM
I have found that if I address my target during snap caps, by adjusting my feet, that the wrong frame issue is moot. Hope this helps.

Maillemaker
08-30-2011, 01:36 PM
MY issue with peep sights, and the reason I quit using them is that it is awfully easy to shoot on your neighbor teams target board. That is why I quit using peep sights.

LOL! I had the exact same problem! This last skirmish I was shooting a borrowed Richmond Carbine with peep sites, and I had team mates yell at me for shooting their target! At least I was on the right frame of targets! :)

Steve