PDA

View Full Version : Armisport 1842 Front Sight

Wayne M Clark
08-13-2011, 08:45 AM
Does anyone manufacture/market replacement brass front sight blades for the Armisport 1842 as allowed by the SAC decision?
Thank You,
W. Clark

Bob Riley
08-13-2011, 01:09 PM
Mr. Clark,

I have not read the SAC decision on this sight, but I did note that Blockade Runner offers a replacement front sight for the Armisport 1842 in brass: http://www.blockaderunner.com/Catalog/catpg3.htm

Scroll just a little way down from the top. I think the deal is that you send in your front barrel band/nosecap, and they install the sight for you.

I hope this helps.

Bob Riley

Wayne M Clark
08-14-2011, 09:57 AM
Thank you Bob, I was hoping to find the blade only. The nose caps offered by the Blockade Runner are as noted corrected by master gunsmith Todd Watts. He is highly respected among reenactors, sort of like John Zimmerman to the N-SSA.

The decision was made by the SAC to allow skirmishers with Armisport 1842's which have left leaning front sights to correct this to the original specifications. Being, the sight located in the center of the front band, full length, .200 at the base and .125 tall, eliptical in shape and radiused on each end. The correction must then be inspected by the SAC and an approval card issued. The original post can be found by doing a search of posts on this website for Armisport 1842 front sight. At this time the Blockade Runner does not have the nosecaps in stock.
W. Clark

geowilh39
08-15-2011, 10:54 AM
I replaced my front band with one from Lodgewood. Has the correct brass blade, centered as it should be. Took it to SAC office and approved. Makes a world of difference.