PDA

View Full Version : Maynard Intervention Goes Horribly WRONG!

Southron Sr.
08-10-2011, 10:54 AM
Waycross, GA - Aug 10th 2011 - Members of the soon-to-be Probationary N-SSA Team, the 33.3 Georgia "Rapid Performance Militia" or otherwise known as the "33 & 1/3 RPM's" participated in a "Maynard Intervention" for their Beloved Team Commander, Harvey Horsepatty.

"According to a spokesmen for the team: "All the signs of Maynard Delusional Syndrome" were present in our Beloved Commander." "He had purchased his Maynard Carbine from one of those 'back alley gun shops' that specialize in Maynard sales."

"At team practices he would miss the target frame, but would claim his Maynard never missed!" "Then the final blow came-he kept muttering what a 'Wonderful Buffalo Rifle' his Maynard would make."

As Beloved Commander Horsepatty was exhibiting signs of the "Classic Maynard Delusional Syndrome" -the team decided to act quickly.

Because of the slow economy, members of the team could not afford to hire professional medical help for their Beloved Team Commander. They purchased one of those "Do-It-Yourself" Maynard Intervention Kits advertised on the back cover in the printed version of the current issue of "The Skirmish Line."

They threw a "phony surprise Birthday Party" for their Beloved Commander in his home one evening. He became suspicious because he told several team members he "Smelled a Big, Fat, Rat" because it wasn't his birthday. Forced to act prematurely, the team's Vice Commander, Adjutant and and Picnic Officer simultaneously shot their commander with three M26 Tasers they had borrowed from the local police department.

As the Vice Commander later commented: "He went down like a side of beef and became totally comatose-maybe three Tasers were a bit much-I noticed his wrist watch started running backwards because of the excessive voltage."

Following instructions in the "Do-It-Yourself" Maynard Intervention Kit, their Beloved and now Comatose Commander was carried to Miller's Cave at the foot of Tiger Mountain outside of Waycross.

[The cave became nationally famous because of Hank Snow's immortal country music hit in 1964. A lesser known fact is that in the days of the "Old South" it was part of the "Underground Subway" for escaping slaves. MIller's Cave connects with a series of limestone caves that run north and come out in Central Ohio.]

The instructions in the Intervention Kit said that one sure cure for Maynard Delusional Syndrome was that the patient should smell fresh bat guano for three days and, of course, there is a lot of bats in Miller's Cave and consequently a lot of fresh bat guano

As the Vice Commander told police investigating the disappearance of their Beloved Commander: "We left him chained up to a rock in Miller's Cave between two huge piles of bat guano." "When we came back three days later to release him-the chains had been chewed thru and out Beloved Commander was gone!"

Of course, the MYSTERY IS-did their Beloved Commander chew thru his chains and is now lost in the cave OR did one of the bears known to inhabit Miller's Cave chew thru the chains and eat their Beloved Commander? Whatever the case is-this Maynard Intervention that went horribly wrong.

Word of Advice-If you are planning on holding a Maynard Intervention for one of your team members suffering from Maynard Delusional Syndrome- PLEASE seek professional medical help!

kowdok
08-10-2011, 11:46 AM
Me thinks that Brennen has too much free time on his hands!!!!!!!

Ron/The Old Reb
08-10-2011, 11:58 AM
Been drinking to much Southern Comfort again.

John Holland
08-10-2011, 01:39 PM
Ahhhh....Shades of the "Old Cyber Campfire" ! ! !

JDH

RaiderANV
08-10-2011, 07:53 PM

Keep it under yer kepi,,,,, someone might be watching :shock:

GOD
08-10-2011, 07:58 PM
Waycross, GA - Aug 10th 2011 - Members of the soon-to-be Probationary N-SSA Team, the 33.3 Georgia "Rapid Performance Militia" or otherwise known as the "33 & 1/3 RPM's" participated in a "Maynard Intervention" for their Beloved Team Commander, Harvey Horsepatty.

"According to a spokesmen for the team: "All the signs of Maynard Delusional Syndrome" ......

The instructions in the Intervention Kit said that one sure cure for Maynard Delusional Syndrome was that the patient should smell fresh bat guano for three days and, of course, there is a lot of bats in Miller's Cave and consequently a lot of fresh bat guano.

Word of Advice-If you are planning on holding a Maynard Intervention for one of your team members suffering from Maynard Delusional Syndrome- PLEASE seek professional medical help!

Saint Peter,,,,,,fetch Thy Great Book once again :!:

Eggman
08-10-2011, 08:03 PM
It's fetched. At last we know what that smell is emanating from the SC folks.

John Holland
08-11-2011, 12:32 AM
Oh good heavens no, Southron Sr. is GA.....not SC ! ! !

JDH

Southron Sr.
08-11-2011, 02:51 AM
Dear Eggman...

Errr....So how long have you thought you were St. Peter?

By any chance....do you shoot a Maynard????

Eggman
08-11-2011, 10:57 AM
I stand corrected. Actually in my experience South Carolina folks give off a fairly pleasant odor. Truthfully the only other name I go by is "the Walrus," sometimes, "St. Peter the Walrus." Yeah I love my Maynard like a new momma loves her baby. I always feel deep deep sympathy when I watch those Sharps shooters wrestling with their breechblocks like an otter trying to open a clam.

Southron Sr.
08-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Dear Eggman, a.k.a. "St. Peter," a.k.a., "St. Peter the Walrus",...et al:

I will be at the next Statesville Skirmish to consult with the members of your team. I know that they all care very much about you and only what "what is best" for you. I know many of them, and they are all fine, caring and compassionate people.

In the mean time, always remain calm and don't book a Buffalo hunt in Montana.

Your Caring and Compassionate Friend,

Southron, Sr.,

norman horne, 12321
08-12-2011, 07:05 AM
Hey Southron. Come on up(please bring plenty of mulah to support our local habit)! As far as "Eggman", a.k.a. "St.Peter", a.k.a. "St. Peter the Walrus", a.k.a. "Col. Klink"; there is at least one, and possibly two, Sharps on the Blues squad that he has set as a benchmark to hopefully someday can get that Maynard creampuff of his to match up to! Safe travel. Norm (Horne). Have to be clear; Col. K still does not think there are two Norms on the Blues roster!

Eggman
08-12-2011, 12:58 PM
To help clarify Norm's criptic comments, I frequently comment to him, on the line, to build up his spirits, when his Sharps falters,"There's always hope Norm." Somehow the Blues adjutant interpreted this as some other skirmisher, and entered "Norm Hope" on the roster. It's always a struggle.

Kenneth L. Walters
08-13-2011, 12:21 PM

Keep it under yer kepi,,,,, someone might be watching :shock:

Pat, drop me a note. Ken

RaiderANV
08-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Ken,,,,,call me anytime. 540-878-8024