PDA

View Full Version : Italian Firearms Group

Southron Sr.
07-23-2011, 11:38 PM
Pedersoli has joined forces with three other Italian firearms manufacturers: Fair, Sabatti and Tanfoglio and formed "Italian Firearms Group" that will open an import, distributing and warranty center in Central Florida. Exactly when (and where) the I.F.G. facility will be open and "in business" is unknown to me at this time. The good news for Skirmishers is that Pedersoli's entire line of Civil War replica firearms will be available thru this new distribution center.

rhem
08-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Those are good news, what is your source? Is it reliable?

Maillemaker
08-04-2011, 01:37 PM
I called these folks and spoke to a fellow there. It is important to note that this is just a distributor - they won't be selling firearms to the general public, only dealers.

I think this is an attempt by these Italian firearm makers to make the distribution of their products more efficient and to enhance their market presence.

Steve

Blair
08-04-2011, 03:34 PM
I too called and talked with an individual at what is still known (at this time) as European American Armory (EAA)
This fellows name is Richard Hemmarde.
Earliest prediction date of this IFG being kicked off is late Sept. (this may change depending on production issues)
As near as I have been able to tell, Pedersoli, will be the primary provider of black powder firearms for this "distributorship system". This will be set up very much like was incorporated with Euroarms of America (EoA) when it was set up as the primary "distributor" for that Italian Company here in America. Except... there will be a wider variety of different firearms for various uses from this "new" group.
Best info I have to offer at this time. I hope to be able to meet up with Richard Hemmarde in the near future. I will post any additional info as I am able, at that time.
Blair

rachbobo
08-05-2011, 05:14 PM
In today's economic mess as manufacturers scramble to be competitive I have to wonder about the quality of the products they will produce.
Seems to me that there is a big rush on to flood our market with wanted products.
I could turn this into a long winded rant, but I'd be careful about buying anything from them right now.

Just my opinion

Bill Cheek

Southron Sr.
08-05-2011, 06:22 PM
Perdersoli products are the "Rolls Royces" of replica firearms.

Heck, my Pedersoli New Model 1859 Sharps Carbine is of a HIGHER QUALITY than the originals! The manufacturing tolerances are easily that of a pre-war German Luger.

rachbobo
08-05-2011, 06:37 PM
That may be true, but I'd wait to see what is produced after they consolidate their operations.
Am I a skeptic, your damn right.
In todays economy you never know.

Bill Cheek

Maillemaker
08-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, the target/proof target that Space Cowboy posted of Pedersoli's new 1861 Springfield looked promising.

But I tell ya what, for a $1000+ firearm, my expectations will be much higher than with a $600 firearm.

Mike McDaniel
08-08-2011, 03:30 PM
As well they should be. But Pedersoli makes stuff to a quality point, not a price point.

The interesting part will be what happens in the Eurozone. I could see Italian products getting significantly cheaper in the next year.

Provided anyone has any money, of course.