PDA

View Full Version : Question for shooters who..

William H. Shuey
07-14-2011, 07:31 PM
have had joint replacement surgery. I am getting back into competing after a hip replacement (July, 2010) and then a right knee (March 2011).
I can't seem to hit squat!
Has anyone had a similar experience? I am wondering if one of the replacement parts has altered my skeletal geometry to the point I can't seem to get a comfortable stance. I'm spraying bullets all about.

Bill Shuey
1st Maine

Ken Hansgen, 11094
07-14-2011, 09:43 PM
Have you checked your EYES?

William H. Shuey
07-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Yes! Just had my annual eye checkup and I can see the target & sights fine.

Bill Shuey

RaiderANV
07-15-2011, 03:15 PM
' I guess anything is possible but I'd think it is simpler then the replacement parts being the problem. Maybe hard lead, leading/fouling build up in barrel. Maybe out of practice having been laid up for awhile? If yer stance feels correct and all your planets are in alignment,,,,,,,has ta be the gun/ammo/load. Shor' don;t reckon old age could be a factor. :shock:

Lou Lou Lou
07-16-2011, 08:36 AM
One of the fellows in our region had hip replaced in April. He is out shooting. Dont know if he is hitting. Will F/U

Dheisey#7003
07-16-2011, 11:44 AM
I had both hips replaced in 2004- I have been shooting better since then. No pain when standing for a long period of time or walking. I had no issues with changing my shooting stance or anything.

Eggman
07-16-2011, 02:27 PM
If you can get into a comfortable, stable platform, and your "wobble area" looks normal, you may need to explore other explanations, like are you maybe jerking the trigger?? We all know that even an almost imperceptable speed up of the trigger pull will send the round off into the north 40 somewhere. After all your time off your biggest problem may be the old bugaboo -- lack of practice.