PDA

View Full Version : Romano #2 Maynard

Dana Hayman
06-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Hello, does anyone know the Dovetail sizes on his Carbine ( front & Back if different ) also does he make different size barrels for this gun, none are listed on his web. site.

Thanks
DH

RangerFrog
06-30-2011, 08:30 AM
Hello, does anyone know the Dovetail sizes on his Carbine ( front & Back if different ) also does he make different size barrels for this gun, none are listed on his web. site.

Thanks
DH

Dana,

I don't have one of Larry's #2 Carbines to measure, but he is pretty faithful on most of his original specs, so I would expect those dovetails to be the same as the originals. Likewise, since all of the 2nd Model percussion carbines had 20" barrels in 50 cal, I would not expect him to catalog anything else (for N-SSA use.) You could very easily get your questions answered, though, by simply calling him at the phone number listed in his website. I find Larry most helpful and easy to talk to. Depending on which loud machine he is running at the time, he may not hear your call, so be prepared to leave a number and wait for a call back. BTW, if you are not concerned about being able to shoot your carbine in N-SSA events and want a longer barrel or different caliber, I know he makes the "36 caliber" for the 1st Model in a 26" configuration and could probably fit one of those to your receiver. Other than that, brass might become problematical, even though there were originally 40 cal and even 64 cal smooth bore versions of the percussion carbine/rifle for the civilian trade.

Froggie

Scott Kurki, 12475
07-02-2011, 10:42 PM
Have you tried asking Larry?

Larry's contact info:

Phone: (315) 695-2066
Email: larryromano@romanorifle.com
Business address: 551 STEWARTS CORNERS RD, PENNELLVILLE, NY 13132-3234

Dana Hayman
07-03-2011, 10:48 AM
Yes I have tried to talk with Larry, He must be busy, Put me on hold and never came back. I have been told he is a good guy, I will try again next week. I need to buy a new rear sight for My #2 Maynard.
Thanks Dana

RangerFrog
07-05-2011, 09:51 AM
Yes I have tried to talk with Larry, He must be busy, Put me on hold and never came back. I have been told he is a good guy, I will try again next week. I need to buy a new rear sight for My #2 Maynard.
Thanks Dana

Dana,

By all means try again. Larry is a very nice guy and has been willing to help me in the past with all things Maynard. Since it is one of his products you are concerned with, I am certain he can provide you the help you seek. He can probably provide you with the sight, so you know it is right! Green

Froggie