PDA

View Full Version : For Sale - Harpers Ferry Reproduction Maynard

BStewart
06-02-2011, 02:26 PM
For Sale Harpers Ferry Reproduction Maynard Carbine
As a retired member of the NSSA, I have a Harpers Ferry Maynard 2nd Model carbine that I would like to sell. It has been sitting here for some time now, and I could use the cash (who doesn't these days). I purchased this item just before moving to the People's Republic of California from a fellow unit member. I had it checked out by a gunsmith, who pronounced it fit for service. Really nice bore! Comes with brass (both used and unused). I would like to see it stay in the family, and I think $750.00 sounds like a fair price. I hope you do too. Please respond with any questions you may have.

Pictures can be found at (If I did it right): http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l48 ... 1/Maynard/ (http://s1120.photobucket.com/albums/l488/Kruge1701/Maynard/)

Thanks for viewing! And yes, I really miss being out there with you all.

remington1858
06-02-2011, 07:37 PM
Who is the maker please?

Wes
westonL@hotmail.com

BStewart
06-03-2011, 12:05 AM
Hi Wes

The maker was Harpers Ferry Arms. They made the Maynard in the late 1970's and into the 1980's. I don't know much else about them, but I believe they went out of business some time ago. Thanks for your interest!

Edwin Flint, 8427
06-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Actually, I think they were 2 runs of the HF Maynard, one early 70's or 80's and one mid 90's. I was an unfortunate buyer of the 90's version. I think even Pat other Maynard lovers would agree these 90's versions are not up to snuff.

The re-enactor community has been buying lots of these at abouut the asking price. That's where I got rid of mine and 2 others.

John D 2nd Va Vol Inf
06-03-2011, 06:53 AM
Believe the one from the 90's were put together from parts . It was a lot of hits and misses . Had one that was very good. Sold for same price several years ago.

BStewart
06-05-2011, 02:08 AM
Hi all.

I believe this one is from the 70's-80's run. I picked it up in '94 from a guy that had it a while. Does anyone know the SN range for the different runs? Not much information out there that I can find.

RaiderANV
06-05-2011, 09:55 PM
These "carbines" were best if had UNDER serial # 296 You could make the ones up to # 350 work with a good bit of trying. After that plant them next to the starr carbines holding up yer maters. :roll:

BStewart
06-06-2011, 01:37 AM
Hi Raider. Thanks for the information. Mine is under 200, so I guess that's good! And I was about to head to the garden with it...LOL

RaiderANV
06-06-2011, 03:09 PM
Yeah....while I really,,,,REALLY hate to see the words Harper's Ferry and

MAYNARD on the same line,,,,these early guns can be made to shoot pretty good. Most all of them look like his pet beaver( who by the way didn't like him either) chew the stocks out for the guns as the wood to metal fit usually shows. But where ya gonna get a good shooting carbine with the extras and problems/sights already worked out fer ya?!?!?! Kinda surprised it hasn't sold yet. :?

Tell everyone how many brass go with it. At $2.25 new it makes fer ah better package deal.

BStewart
06-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Good idea.

Maynard brass count is as follows:

48 looks to be brand new...never used.
28 used and dirty.
25 appears to be plastic...I don't feel good about plastic...They do that?

David Yossi Snellen
06-10-2011, 01:25 AM
Dear Sir,
I am interested in your carbine. Please email me at

snellensaddles@yahoo.com

Please email your number as I would like to discuss it with you.
Thank you,
David