PDA

View Full Version : Harpers Ferry lock on ebay

varsity07840
06-01-2011, 09:23 AM
Auction # 250826294751

Can anyone identify this lock? The plate and hammer appear to be from an 1816, but I've never seen a pan and frizzen like that before. Some sort of
bubba job?

Duane

John Holland
06-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Duane -

The plate and internal parts are all original 1816. The hammer, frizzen, and pan are fantasy items. Although, I will say that the frizzen spring looks good. It isn't possible to tell from the photo if the plate was damaged in the process of adding the pan, or not. I do see evidence of weld, or solder, on the inside of the plate at the right end of the pan.

JDH

varsity07840
06-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Duane -

The plate and internal parts are all original 1816. The hammer, frizzen, and pan are fantasy items. Although, I will say that the frizzen spring looks good. It isn't possible to tell from the photo if the plate was damaged in the process of adding the pan, or not. I do see evidence of weld, or solder, on the inside of the plate at the right end of the pan.

JDH

Thanks John. I thought the same thing about the internals and that spot next to the pan. I can't help being curious as to what its sparking qualities(if any) are.
Someone paid almost $200.00 for it.

Duane