PDA

View Full Version : Pat

Kenneth L. Walters
05-26-2011, 12:14 AM
Gun Broker has several Starr Carbines for sale. Thought you would be interested.

Ken

RaiderANV
05-26-2011, 11:16 PM
Hey,,,,,,,thanks for the heads up thar Kenny. I have more of the dang thangs ta hold me 'maters up then I have plants out each year. I'd HIGHLY recommend to anyone wanting a really REALLY good tomato stake to purchase all the starr carbines ya need. Only good thang ah-bout um is they take a long long time to rust off.

On another note, it's prue BS that they make great paddles. The FRIG'n stocks fall off not long after getting wet and WILL leave ya up an unsanitary tributary without proper means of propelling ones self!! :shock:

Kenneth L. Walters
05-27-2011, 01:09 AM
Pat,

What do you know about the Replica caplock Sharps as made by Pedersoli and Shiloh? Do all of them freeze up after a few shots?

People seem to try to fix that by hard chroming the breech block or using a two part chamber with a gasket in between. But do either of those really work?

RaiderANV
05-28-2011, 12:11 AM
They are hit or miss how they work out of the box but most work good enough to keep you from wrapping them around ah tree. There are a bunch of guys in the N-SSA that work on Sharps. Charlie Hahn does an awesome job and his price is more then reasonable.

mikea
05-28-2011, 01:29 AM
I have a Shiloh Sharps carbine and they don't require anything - work perfectly right out of the box. I have fired over 75 rounds at a skirmish without doing anything to the breech block and had no problems. The block operated just as easily at the last round as at the first. They are the most expensive but you get what you pay for.
I understand that Pedersoli has stainless steel washers that can be added to tighten up the fit on their Sharps.
People have been having the O Ring modification done and this works but the O rings need to replaced every 100 or so rounds , but they are inexpensive.
From what I have seen and heard, you will do well with a Shiloh or Pedersoli, but I would forget the others.

Southron Sr.
05-28-2011, 08:52 AM
I did an "O" Ring job to my Pedersoli Sharps many years ago and it now easily goes over 100 shots without any problem of fouling out or locking up.

The "O" Ring job cost me less than $20.00 and has worked wonderfully all of these years.