PDA

View Full Version : Gallager Question on Cases

oscarlovel
05-19-2011, 11:23 AM
I purchased 60 cases from Lodgewood and 10 or so are too large to fit my chamber. A couple more are tight. I noticed on S&S Firearms website that they sell a Gallager Loading tool (CC2LT) for $38.00. What exactly does this do? Does it resize the case at all? If not, does anyone make a die or tool to resize the brass Gallager cases to a uniform size?

Lou Lou Lou
05-19-2011, 01:15 PM
Not really. These are everlasting cases. Machining tolerences are the issue. Speak to Bill Osborne. You may need to fit the cases to your chamber. I had to do that with a re-sleeved maynard that had a tight chamber.

mwmoore10261
05-20-2011, 04:19 AM
Check with Northeast Trader. He makes the threaded sizers to fit standard presses. He might have the size you need to resize the Gallagher cases to fit. When I bought my Gallagher the previous owner had a case resizer made out of block steel. You hand pressed the cartridge with a wooden dowel and tap hammer to resize the cases. Time consuming work. Sold the Gallagher and bought a Maynard. Good luck.
Michael Moore, 10261V, St. Mary's Light Infantry

06-06-2011, 08:54 AM
I've seen two potential problems with Gallagher cases; the inside diameter and the outside diameter.

If your inside diameter of the case mouth is too small for the bullet you are using, then when you seat your bullet (especially if you use the loading tool) it will bulge the case neck and can cause problems chambering the round. If this is the situation, you need to ream the inside of the case neck so that your preferred bullet is an easier fit; should seat with firm thumb pressure. Bear in mind that if you are using a round ball, the above does not apply, since you are not seating it deep into the case.

If the outside diameter is too large, then you need to have the cases turned down a tad so they will slip easily in and out of the chamber.