PDA

View Full Version : Is the Swap Meet still on?

Lou Lou Lou
05-08-2011, 12:29 PM
I have moulds, Smith tubes, guns etc to bring if it is still going to happen

macvcallsign
05-08-2011, 01:25 PM
HOPE SO, HAVE A NIXON MISSISSIPPI I WAS THINKING OF SELLING.

danajhanson
05-08-2011, 07:58 PM
When is this event scheduled?
How about Saturday, during the awards...and right before the smoothbore All-Star match. This way it may bring some more people down to Memorial Park right before this new shooting event. Sure don't want to add anything to H.P. and his crew's plate, they have a lot to worry about as it is, but this swap meet deal is really a great idea for Nationals.

DJH

hp gregory, 9128
05-09-2011, 10:01 AM
what me worry? i have designated worriers. wasnt aware of a swap meet going on. it shouldnt bother us as long as it doesnt get in the way of the awards ceremony. however i would make sure its ok with the higher ranking folks before doin it. i dont have the say on something like that.

hp gregory

Phil Spaugy, 3475V
05-09-2011, 10:36 AM
40.7 SALES OUTSIDE OF SUTLER ROW

There shall be no commercial activity outside Sutler Row. Commercial activity shall be defined as
setting up displays of merchandise or items for sale to the public. Private sales, such as buying,
selling, or swapping personally owned items, shall be permitted outside Sutler Row, provided such
items are not displayed as being for sale or trade to the general public. Displays of items for sale shall
only be permitted on Sutler Row.

The area around Memorial Park is not the appropriate place for this sort of activity. Nor should a flea market take place during awards.

I would advise that those folks wanting to have a swap meet do so on a units campsite and not in any public area.That way you avoid the perception of selling to the general public.

Phil Spaugy

Bruce Cobb 1723V
05-09-2011, 02:15 PM
This is not a swap meet, more like garage sale. All are welcome at my sutler space at 9pm friday to sell there things thru me. All sales will go thru me and all taxes will be collected, you will be consigning your things to me temporarily. Virginia gets its taxes, you get the immediate gratification of getting your $$. This is being done to help you guys out and will not get me into trouble. All N-ssa sutler rules must be followed. Cash is the rule unless the owner will accept a check. You must be there to represent yourself if needed. This is across from Lodgewood at Yecks antique guns. Following these rules I have not had anyone from the N-ssa say this is wrong and can't be done. See you there.

hp gregory, 9128
05-09-2011, 02:33 PM
sounds like a good way to do it to me. plenty of people millin round up there lookin for a deal so thats a real good place to have it. thanks bruce.

hp

rampa_room_artillery
05-09-2011, 08:03 PM
I have a friend coming up to set up as a sutler and i am lookking for how much it costs to set up a tent along the road???

thanks.

rick bryan

Bruce Cobb 1723V
05-10-2011, 04:33 PM
Rick, You can not just show up and sell things as a Sutler. You pay for a space based on square footage. You have to apply to the N-ssa Sutler Officer Tommy Johnson. His number is listed in the Skirmish Line. We pay him in advance. You must follow a package of guidelines set up by the Association. He gives you a license and you must collect all Virginia sales taxes. You may be too late for this National, but I don't know for sure. Good luck

Bruce Cobb 1723V
05-13-2011, 06:46 PM
Please Note .... ALL individual items must be tagged. I will have some there for a nominal fee if you forget. Civil war firearm repros and originals must be tagged as n-ssa approved or not approved. The list is available on line here. See you all Friday night. I'll be at the range for questions starting Wed night. Thx Bruce & John

rampa_room_artillery
05-14-2011, 03:59 PM
well i have sent off the check , and will a tent on the road, I might need some extra tags, i would be glad to buy soem from you, thanks,

oh if this swap meet gets extra big that it cant be handled, in the area we have chosen then i offer our small tent area to also do some trading. but I plan on coming up to the already set location and seeing what is forsale i need some things myself. I cant wait, I miss the times, when we had trash fires in barrels, in sutler row and the fire and drum guys would come down and play, I was just a kid then but it is a memory that i will never forget as being really cool.

rick bryan