PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Carbine builders?

Rambill
04-21-2011, 01:31 PM
I've been considering a Richmond carbine for a while. Now that (I believe) no one is making them as a production item, who out there does this? Not necessarily custom, but also just modifying standard 1861 Springfield or Richmond reproduction muskets.
I live in Oregon and don't have ready access to a lot of the great sounding events/shoots that occur in the East. So I'm just trying to see who does good work for other interested shooters.
Thanks,
Bill Rice

Walt Magee
04-21-2011, 02:17 PM
S&S used to shorten Euroarms Richmond Muskets but there isn't Euroarms any more.

BlueGrayMike
04-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Just a "heads up". Armi-Sport is in pre-production of a Richmond carbine at this time. (Richmond lockplate, not Springfield) I have one ordered for testing. Have no idea of del. date. :shock:

bilge water bob
04-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Mike,

who did you order it through? and can a regular bone head like me get in on it?

thanks,
Bob

BlueGrayMike
04-22-2011, 08:26 PM
BWB PM sent, I hope!

Charlie Hahn
04-23-2011, 01:36 AM
I might be able to help you. I do both custom and modified builds. I make sure what I make works and will pass N-SSA inspection. I work from Maryland and handle guns in most areas of the US, and work at long distance very sucessfully.

I can be reached at 410-208-4736 at my shop. I am currently out of the office till next Tuesday.

For refernece, I am an approved production builder of 1851 Cadet smooth and rifled muskets, approved to modify 1858 Revolvers with custom barrels, captive o-ring and solid block modifications 1859 & 1863 Sharps rifle and carbines, custome tumblers for Springfield muskets, and I do modifications as customer requests.

Full machind shop service

Production of paper cartridges, and aluminum reduced charge Maynard case match machined to specific gun

My work is semi to full custom, and I price myself in a reasonable range

Let me know if I can be of service

Charlie Hahn
N-SSA Memeber since 1965

hwaugh
04-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Steve Doyle builds a great Richmond Carbine. Steve uses original wood and as much original metal as the buyer wants. There are many Richmond Carbines on the line that are Doyle built. Steve can be reached at 315-589-9020.

Rambill
04-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Thanks everyone for the info. I have seen some of your names, or those you recommend, and look forward to talking about possible projects.
Regards,
Bill Rice