PDA

View Full Version : WTB- 1842 Smoothbore Musket for Reenacting

marylandmarine
04-04-2011, 07:32 PM
Hello all!

I am a Civil War reenactor and am looking for an Armi Sport 1842 Springfield. I don't care if it's defarbed and probably a non-defarbed musket is more in my budget, but please, if anyone knows of someone looking to unload an extra musket, please have them contact me! I can be reached via email at: amanson2@gmail.com

Thanks, in advance!

Tony Manson

Harry Gaul
04-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Tony,

I have an 1842 Armisport that has been Defarb by John Zimmerman and the serial number is DH001. That is right; it is number 1. I traded musket A for this smoothbore musket. The other person involved in this deal shared that this Armisport was the prototype for the Taylor line of muskets. You can used it for reenacting, but the smoothbore appeals more to the collector than the skirmisher. I would like $1200 but will entertain offers over $1000 dollars.

True Blue and Diamond Hard,
Harry Gaul
3rd US

marylandmarine
04-06-2011, 04:48 AM
Harry,

Thank you very much, that sounds amazing! Unfortunately it is way out of my price range. I am more in the $500 price range, which pretty much takes me out of the defarbed field I think. Thanks again though, that sounds like a great musket!

Tony Manson