PDA

View Full Version : armi sport spencer

ian45662
03-27-2011, 01:08 PM
How many of you guys and gals are shooting armi sport spencers? How do you like them and how much work do they need to get them shooting good?

NickSS
03-29-2011, 12:23 AM
I have had one for about a year and have not shot it a lot but mine shoots fine but low at 100 yards with a 370 gr flat point bullet and 42 gr of FFG I have to use the 200 yard setting and shoot with a six oclock hold aiming 6 inches low to hit the bulls eye. My rifle using Starline brass has a tendancy to missfire due to light hits on the primer I think its becasue the primer pockets on the brass I have is a bit too deep. Brass I made from 348 Win brass fires everytime. I am looking for a slightly longer firing pin. The rifle itself shoots into around 4 inches at 100 yards with the issuesights. Over all I am satisfied with it as it shoots better than my buddy's original 1871 conversion of an 1860 Carbine to a 5650 rifle by Springfield armory.

Dave Fox
04-03-2011, 01:53 PM
May I recommend www.cascity.com (http://www.cascity.com)? Go to its forum. (You'll have to register yourself) Scrolling down the cascity forum section you'll find an extensive Spencer discussion group run by "Two Flints" with a very long archive containing a world of information on the seven shooters, original and replica.