PDA

View Full Version : AVAILABLE AGAIN: Correct .69 caliber cartridge tubes!

03-17-2011, 04:25 PM
AVAILABLE AGAIN: Correct .69 cal. cartridge tubes!!
Do you shoot a .69 cal. musket, rifle, or smoothbore? Have you ever wished you could get those plastic tubes to hold powder and bullet like everyone uses for their .58 cal. muskets? Now you can!

I have tried the soft vinyl tubes, but I have found them to be too sticky, and too fat. The LDPE tubes are so much better because they have a much thinner wall thickness, so they don't take up nearly as much room as the vinyl ones, and they are not sticky at all, so they slide easily out of your cartridge box when you reach for them. And even better yet, they don't have the flange on the bottom edge (which almost everyone cuts off anyway) so they fit better in your cartridge box and don't grab against each other.
These will work well with round balls for smoothbore, or with the .69 caliber semi-wadcutters. The 0.678 round balls fit nicely. They slide gently into the mouth of the tube, but don't slip all the way to the bottom. The Minies fit nicely past the first driving band, so they fit securely, but you don't have to struggle to get them out.
So, they are great for rifles or smoothbores.

None of the sutlers stock these; I had to find them on my own.

The cost is $10 per hundred (cheaper than the vinyl ones). I can deliver at the Nationals, or I can ship them. Contact me via e-mail or PM.

ammegill
03-21-2011, 06:03 PM
Hi,

I'm interested in ordering 200 of the .69 cal. cartridge tubes. I can send you check or money order. I would ask you to mail them to me so I can use them at the Nationals & before. My name and address is:

Andrew Megill
608 Oak Terrace
Pt. Pleasant, NJ 08742

I'm a member (the only original member left) of the 69th New York (190MA) with NSSA #3554V

Please send your mailing address so I can mail payment & let me know the total with shipping.

Please reply to my email: ammegill@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Andy

tmont
03-22-2011, 09:36 AM
Glenn: am interested in 100. Can you send me a PM and advise where to send check? Would like to receive prior to Nationals. Thanks in advance, Tom Montgomery 14th MS

03-25-2011, 10:14 PM
btt

04-03-2011, 12:09 AM
On their way: The .69 caliber tubes are packaged and ready to be mailed Monday morning to those who ordered them shipped.
Many thanks.