PDA

View Full Version : Armi Sport Sharps Carbine

jim mccrystal
12-03-2008, 03:25 AM
I have just purchased a 1859 Sharps carbine by Armi Sport and would like to get it ready for the fall National. Is there anything I need to know about these carbines before I start. I do'nt have any experience with a
repro sharps, any tips on sights, loads, etc would be a big help I will slug the bore this weekend to see if I have a mold on hand.
Thanks,
Jim

Greg Ogdan, 11444
12-03-2008, 08:51 AM
Jim,
Buy the Sharps tubes from Charlie Hahn, the Christmas Tree mould from Rapine and load 50gr of FFg Goex. I know others have their favorite loads, but this is what works for me and the other Sharps shooters on my team.

jim mccrystal
12-04-2008, 10:44 PM
Greg,
Thanks for the info. I'm not crazy about the fixed front sight but I'll start with the load you mentioned and work from there. I have read about an O ring seal, do you have any info on that?
Jim
73rd NY

Charlie Hahn
12-08-2008, 08:54 AM
Jim,

I am curently doing short sleeve o-ring repairs, and breech block modifications that can include a no moving solid breech face. Repairs run from 250 to 350 depending on the condition of the gun.

Charlie Hahn

410-208-4736

jim mccrystal
12-16-2008, 04:24 AM
Charlie,
Thanks for the info I found the mold that Greg mentioned and I will measure for the size tube I will need and will give you a call to order them this week. Once I see how the carbine works I will let you know about doing the o ring work.
Jim