PDA

View Full Version : FS 1856 Remington rifled musket SOLD

stuffy25thia
02-23-2011, 07:05 PM
FS, 1856 Remington .69 cal rifled musket. This musket has a working Maynard tape primer. The lock holds half & full cock, but is missing the sear spring, and the hammer screw. The barrel is in good condition, with some pitting the length of the bore, but there is alot of shine, with well defined rifling. The nipple is the original, it hasn't been removed for many years, looks as if some heat will be needed, haven't tried it, thought I'd leave it to whom ever bought it. The rear sight is missing, and the screw hole is full of something, might just be years of dirt. Someone filed off the front sight, then placed a glob of metal there for a sight, unknown who or when. It's missing the ram rod.
The stock is in good condition, thou two chunks of wood are missing around the lock area. No markings can be seen on the barrel, but sometime in it's life, someone had it in a vise and left marks there of this action. The front sling swivel is missing.
Price is $700.00 plus shipping to the lower 48 states. Money order as payment.
I have pictures that I can email for anyone who might want to see.
ia25th@netins.net
I'll try to answer any questions the best I can, thank you for looking.
My understanding is, they only made 20,000 of these. I believe this one could be a shooter with a little amount of work. SOLD

02-24-2011, 12:19 AM
Interested; sent e-mail.