PDA

View Full Version : Live Fire Recordings

southron_98
02-20-2011, 12:15 PM
Y'all are probably too young to remember this but Peter Jorgensen who owned "Civil War News" had a recording of where you boys were doing live fire minie balls and different artillery. No one has seen or heard it for years and we have been unable to locate it. Does anyone have a copy or would consider retaping it? Thanks Gary Adams

RaiderANV
02-20-2011, 10:34 PM
It was done again back in 1998 I think. A film crew came to the Nationals and used R. Preston Chew's battery to lay down a sound track of mioni balls. They placed a mic out at 40 yards and recorded the shots. After we finished the bird board we kept loading and were firing between the loop in their cable and the mic stand. It pegged his meter and he couldn't get the earphones off fast enough. I use to have the website where you could play them all back. Will try to locate it in the next few days. They recorded pistol and artiallery that weekend as well.

The sound track was also available on some Civil War site located in Virginai also. I'll have to try and find it again.

John Holland
02-21-2011, 01:02 AM
I rememberwhen a crew from the movie "Gettysburg" was at one of the Nationals with their recording equipment. They set it up at the firing line and at the 50 yard line to get the proper sounds for their sound track. They were very impressed and said we had provided the most massed live fire of Civil War muskets since the actual Civil War. So, those of us who were there at that time were sort of defacto in the movie ! ! !

JDH