PDA

View Full Version : WTB: 1842 Springfields

Dwambaugh
02-07-2011, 05:22 PM
Folks,

I have some good friends of limited means who would like to participate in the 150th circuit of re-enactments this year, and as a lot of events are requiring early war weapons they won't be able to go. I would like to get a couple 1842 Springfields to help them out. Some of these guys are the best fellows in the world, salt of the earth, but putting together that early war impression is just too hard on the wallet. It's worth it to me investing a few hundred dollars in a musket if it means I get to share a campfire with these guys, so I'm willing to do what I can.

Specifically I'm looking for used Armi Sport 1842 Springfields. Good condition at least (if I need to polish them up or clean them that's fine, but nothing major broken.) Can be smoothbore or rifled, doesn't matter. If you have a bayonet that's great too.

Please email me at dan@wwandcompany.com with offers. I also make hand sewn Civil War uniforms for a living so I'm always interested in trading sewing work for muskets! Thanks for looking!

Dan