PDA

View Full Version : WTB: reproduction Fayetteville rifle

01-31-2011, 03:45 PM
I am looking for a reproduction of a Fayetteville rifle, preferably a type 3. Must be in excellent condition.

R. McAuley 3014V
01-31-2011, 04:31 PM
I am looking for a reproduction of a Fayetteville rifle, preferably a type 3. Must be in excellent condition.

If you want "excellent condition" maybe you ought to start with a brand new one from Blair Taylor

http://customizedcwguns.com/

Dwambaugh
01-31-2011, 04:40 PM
Bob Hoyt mentioned to me today that he has several for sale. Might try giving him a call and seeing what he's got. I believe there was one on track of the wolf.

Dan

Blair
01-31-2011, 07:28 PM
Richard,

I very much appreciate the recommendation.
However, one of the biggest issues at this time is obtaining the proper inverted "S" hammer.
I like to look over the items before I buy. I cannot always do that from here in Florida

I believe I have talked with this individual, and suggested he make request on this forum before going anywhere else. I hope you guys can help him out if you can. This info will help me out too.
My personnel most favorite shooting iron is the Fayetteville Rifle
Thanks,

Blair

John Holland
02-01-2011, 12:59 AM
Track of the Wolf - Fayetteville Rifle, listed as having been made by Hoyt:

http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categorie ... um=AAH-874 (http://www.trackofthewolf.com/Categories/partDetail.aspx?catId=12&subId=83&styleId=290&partNum=AAH-874)

JDH

02-03-2011, 11:12 PM
By excellent condition, I mean not beat all to pieces, in good shootable condition, not necessarily new. I've had a lot of people try to sell me guns in "great" condition that looked like they were picked out of a landfill.

John Holland
02-04-2011, 12:36 AM
So....Did you look at the one on Track of the Wolf....or not ? ? ? It appears to be in in near new condition to me. Therefore, I don't understand your last comment.

JDH

02-04-2011, 03:10 PM
I came here to try and find a descent reproduction of a Fayetteville rifle, at the suggestion of Blair Taylor. In my original post, I simply stated that I wanted a rifle in excellent condition. I didn't realize so many people were going to get their panties in a wad. Yes, I saw the one on Track of the Wolf before I came here looking one. That particular model is not what I want. If it were, I would have bought that one and not come here looking. Obviously, this forum is for a few "good ole boys" who don't like any outsiders horning in on their little clique! Please forgive my intrusion, gentlemen. I will withdraw from this site and will not bother all you experts again!

Butternut86
02-04-2011, 05:45 PM
Mr confederate preacher. No one is trying to rain on your parade. We are all here for the same reasone and passion. I cant speak for everyone but i fore one amd not a expert. That is why i joined the forum. I am pretty sure thats why many have joined this forum is to learn more about the hobby. If People were all experts here, thus would clearly not be a forum. Im sure you simply felt like people were raining on your parade because of the multiple questions asked. Since you did not specify what type of fayetteville you wanted we were trying to help. There are 5 varients of that rifle if i recall. All of which are different in there own. Some have bayonet lugs some dont. Some have Inverted "S" hammers some have a Richmond type. I assure you though we are not trying to chase you off this forum. If you can be more specific with what you want i assure that there is someone to help you. You said you want a fayetteville. In excellent condition. People can take that as you want a newly made model. or a used model. Im sure you wont find a excellent used model because i havent seen too many guns used in that condition I know none of mine are as pretty as the use to be. Good luck on your search

Butternut

Brett Wolff
02-04-2011, 06:31 PM
Well said Butternut---Blair I have one of your Fayetteville
rifles that I purchased from Phil Spaugy up here in the Midwest.
It is very well made and has a Whitacre barrel that I added which
has allowed me many hours of fine shooting. I would not hesitate
to encourage this gentleman to contact you (Blair) in regards to
his search.

Brett Wolff
6th Ky. Inf

YOU DON'T KNOW ?
02-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Sir Preacher
When searching a site such as this, you will probably encounter several folks willing to sell you a Fayetteville Rifle. It would be helpful to those responding, to know just how much you are willing to spend. For example.
WTB Repro. Fayetteville Rifle in excellent condition. Price range $800-1000.
Many of our repros are custom built by quality builders and command prices higher that lots of non skirmishers are willing to pay.

John Holland
02-05-2011, 09:24 AM
What we have here is yet another example of the followers of this BB being overly zealous in their efforts to help someone. Unfortunately our enthusiasm was mistaken for something less.

The ensuing replies from "confederate preacher" were, at best, unwarranted. This forum is one of the mildest you can visit. No "flamers", no hostility, and an ever present willingness to help anyone.

Perhaps the anonymous individual who has testily claimed that everyone is trying to sell him "...things that look like they were picked from a landfill...", and has professed his displeasure with this board along with the well intended offers of assistance, would be better served to accumulate the parts needed for whatever he calls a "Fayetteville Type 3" and just put it together himself. The Small Arms Committee has inspected and issued Small Arms Individual Approval Cards to thousands of individuals who have done that very thing.

John Holland
Chairman, Small Arms Committee

02-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Gentlemen, I apologize if I jumped the gun, but a couple of the replies were somewhat sarcastic (in my opinion). I have, however, received a couple of very nasty private messages from individuals on this forum. That is why I said that I would leave this forum. I wish to publicly thank Mr. Blair Taylor, who is a gentleman's gentleman! He has been very helpful, to say the least.

Blair
02-06-2011, 07:03 PM
Conderate Preacher,

I don't know what was said to you in PM's, Don't know that I want to know.
It, in my opinion, makes no dfference... the floks here are good people, you may incounter a few "butt heads" no matter where you go.
But 99.9% of them will give you far more info than you ever asked for or wanted to know.

I have found an individual, that may have the firearm you are looking for, a member of this forum BTW.
I am waiting to hear back from him to see if the weapon is still available. I will be more than pleased to put the two of you in contact with each other if it should work out.
Don't give up just yet!
These guys are a great deal more help, than a pain in the backside.
I know it is hard to tell sometimes, but, you will get what you want here a lot quicker than I can build for you.
Blair