PDA

View Full Version : WTB Black Powder pistol for beginner

YukonCorneliusGMC
01-29-2011, 03:04 AM
New to black powder shooting. Looking to buy inexpensive Black powder pistol percussion cal pistol/revolver to see if I like it. I've been around "modern" firearms for most of my life but after 25 yrs in the military, I would like to get back to the basics. Several friends of mine shoot and enjoy their black powder weapons and they told me I should try it. So if anyone have any pistols or revolvers they would be intrested in selling please contact me. I am looking for .40 to .50 cal weapons and spend under $300.00. Thanks, Yukon

Lou Lou Lou
01-29-2011, 06:55 AM
There have been several revolvers posted on these threads recently. Where are you located. Some floks prefer a Rogers and spencer over a remington because of the grips. Just one small issue

YukonCorneliusGMC
01-29-2011, 07:18 PM
I am located in Galveston, Tx. I have searched thru the forums and saw several fine pistols, however they were priced well above what i would like to spend. I know you get what you pay for but I don't want to sink $750 - $1000 for a pistol/revolver to begin with. I am looking for something in the $200 - $350 price range.

Thanks for your reply

Jeff "Yukon" Cornelius

Chris Sweeney
01-30-2011, 10:41 AM
In my quest to find a pistol that will shoot 100-10X without anyeffort or talent on my part, I have acquired several Remington pistols, both 36 and 44 Caliber. They shoot with varying degrees of accuracy, but to be honest, none are of true championship accuracy ( although my wife did win a National medal with one of the 36's.

I have pistols ranging from $195 - $350. Send me a PM and I can give you descriptions in excruciating detail!

CS

YukonCorneliusGMC
01-30-2011, 10:09 PM
Mr Sweeney,
Thank you for your reply. As I have just obligated myself to two purchases already, my funds are limited but not gone. Please forward me the information on the $195.00 pistol, also if possible I would greatly appreciate any photo's you could attach.
Thanks,