PDA

View Full Version : Potsdam Load

whitneyrifle
04-02-2008, 08:54 AM
Hello all!
I know this may not be as exciting as the general posting topics, but I was wondering if anybody has a good starting load for a Potsdam? I know to thrice dip the ball, and I'm using 2F. I'm guessing it would be around 70-76 grains? I'm using soft lead. Should I wrap in tinfoil? I was shooting a 42 orginally, and then a Richmond carbine, but neither used the foil. I do have a Rapine mould for the Potsdam (bigger round ball). I'm just trying to get a guesstimate here, I'm going to the range this weekend. Thank you all!
Bryan M. Davis
6923v

Bob Seng, 10979
04-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Bryan,
I too shoot a Potsdam and have alot of fun......my bore measures out at .72 and I shoot a .705 roundball cast out of a Jeffery Tanner mould custom made.I use soft lead with no tin foil, but i put around 100 balls in a coffee can and shake and roll them for about 5 minutes to give them that orange peel look. I dip twice in my favorite lube then I load with 70 grains of 2f goex. This is a load that has been woked out for this gun but from you post your heading down hopefully a fun time with your Potsdam.
I Hope this info helps.