PDA

View Full Version : CIVIL WAR WEAPONS SEARCH

vettime82
01-17-2011, 11:47 AM
Has anyone heard about this site that researches Civil War firearms?
I signed up for a $50.00 Company Membership (5 serial number searches over a 12 month period).
I sent them a check back in October of 2010. The firearms I requested to be search by serial numbers were a 1859 sharps carbine believed to be taken from the Civil War battlefield at Cold Harbor, 1864 Joslyn Carbine, 1865 Spencer Carbine and a Burnside Carbine 5th model. The problem is contacting them to find out if they received my check and if they are still in business. I sent them several emails and they haven't reponded to any of them. They do not list any phone numbers. The good thing is the check has not been cashed yet. This is the link. http://www.civilwarweapons.com/request.html

Thanks, Bob T.

RaiderANV
01-17-2011, 02:37 PM
Never heard of them. Doesn't sound to good either not posting a phone number. The info you seek is available online for free for the most part. I can't remember the Springfield research sites www Maybe someone else can post it. That's a good start.

John Holland
01-17-2011, 05:05 PM
To all -

The new owner/operator of Springfield Research Service has shut down the serial number research function of the SRS website.

JDH

RaiderANV
01-17-2011, 07:56 PM
#*!&^$%!@!>"@^$#@$!!! Oops,,,,,,sorry John. :oops:

Not likes day knew nut'n 'bouts Maynard's no ways. :wink: