PDA

View Full Version : Smoothbore front sights

Ken Eckard
01-14-2011, 08:11 PM
Front Sights,
Just wanted to thank John,SAC, and anyone else who worked on this issue. I Think you all are doing a great job keeping things as close to original as possible.
Thanks Again
Ken Eckard
1st MD. CAV.

John Holland
01-15-2011, 12:58 AM
Ken -

On behalf of the Small Arms Committee, I thank you most sincerely for the kind words. We try to do the best we can for the N-SSA and its competitors who are some of the finest people I have ever met.

Sincerely,
John Holland
Chairman, SAC

William H. Shuey
01-16-2011, 11:37 PM
At the risk of being accused of beating the subject to death, has anyone bought one of the replacement front bands for an 1842 from S & S Firearms??
My question being, is the front sight on the S & S band correctly placed or is it out of the same tooling as the one supplied on the Euroarms musket and there fore no improvement??

Bill Shuey

Rebel Dave
01-17-2011, 12:41 AM
Good question MR. Shuey, I'd like to know that my self.

Rebel Dave aka Dave C.

John Holland
01-17-2011, 01:05 AM
The smoothbore musket in question is an ArmiSport Model 1842. We have no information on a Euroarms.

JDH
SAC

R. McAuley 3014V
01-17-2011, 11:55 AM
John,

Perhaps what Bill is referring to is the investment-cast reproduction front band that S&S has advertised rather than a Euroarms product? It's a rough-casting like the other barrel bands they offer for the Model 1816 etc., which would need to be examined on a case-by-case basis since the front sight blade is integrally cast with the band. I replaced the front sight blade on the front band of the 1852 Palmetto I've been working on (yet to be submitted for inspection) because it too is one of the Armisport repro bands but was careful to replicate it by closely copying an original sight blade.

William H. Shuey
01-17-2011, 02:54 PM
My mistake: I meant to say Armisport!

Bill Shuey