PDA

View Full Version : Request

Edwin Flint, 8427
01-11-2011, 01:22 AM
From the Deep South(eastern) region to our Northern friends. We will swap some of our football knowledge for your expertise and lessons on BLII :P :P :P :P :P

Sorry guys, couldn't resist. :P

John, if this is not appropriate, feel free to pull. Just had to get a little dig into our Midwestern friends after 5 in a row BCS National Championships! :D :D

John Holland
01-11-2011, 09:26 AM
Awww shucks Ed....You know I never had a problem with people having a little fun!

Since we are already sending you sub freezing temps, how about a load of snow to go with it?

Hope to see you in the Spring!

JDH

Edwin Flint, 8427
01-11-2011, 09:33 AM
John,

Thanks John!

You are late! Someone already sent the snow! :shock: :? Me and mine Have about 6-10" of snow on top of 2" of ice! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Good for family hardware business though! :wink: 8)

John Holland
01-11-2011, 11:32 AM
Ed -

Oh...I see you have what we in the North call a "Dusting of Snow!"

8)

Edwin Flint, 8427
01-11-2011, 03:44 PM
To us this is a major blizzard! Schools, government, etc all shut down. Nice thing is though, we will endure it for a few days or so and go back to temps in 40-60 degrees. YOU GUYs will not see grass until March or April! :D

BTW, Surprised no response from the Ohio bunch or Michigan crew!

hwaugh
01-11-2011, 05:01 PM
Last week we got 24" of snow by midnight. By first light the roads were clear and school started on time. Us boys up north can handle the snow...you boys down south can keep the tornadoes and hurricanes we'll stick with snow and the cold.

Harry Waugh - 3731

Edwin Flint, 8427
01-11-2011, 10:45 PM
It took under 48 hours, Harry, to open the roads in my area and get back to normal, more or less. Just enough time for snow men and a few snow ball fights! :lol: So considering we only deal with an event like this every 10-15 years, we handle it pretty well. I'll take 48 hours inconvenience over 4-6 Months of snow any day! 8) Each to his own.

As for huricanes, You have them Also :? . Just as frequently.

You guys just call them Blizzards! :wink: :P :)

Hurricanes, bad ones, like Katrina, are rare and take a while to recover. The others, well we use those to conduct a bit of urban renewal.

As for tornados, I thought the Praire States and Midwest are called Tornado Alley.

Come on South to our early skirmishes at Brierfield. :) We start mid February. If you can dig out of the snow :P and time it right, you might enjoy 2 springs! One South and another up North. Enjoy some of our Southern Hospitality. Just check with the Ohio folks. We usually let them :roll: carry home most of the first place medals! :lol:

John Holland
01-12-2011, 12:24 AM
Ed -

You think we'll see grass by March or April? Heck, I pass by snow in the southern hills of New York State when I head down to the Nationals every May! We describe the weather up here as "Nine months of winter and three months of bad sledding!"

:P

Edwin Flint, 8427
01-12-2011, 02:02 AM
Put wheels on your sled and come on down John. The DS will show you that skirmishing in shirt sleeves is possible in February.

Rebel Dave
01-12-2011, 11:53 AM
Just heading out to shovel out the driveway and walk. Part of every day life here in the winter, but I have to admit it does get tyring by April.

Rebel Dave aka Dave C.

PS Edwin did you get my last pm,??.

Southron Sr.
01-12-2011, 03:50 PM
Ah live in Middle-Georgia and can't shoot my musket today-blinded by all of that SNOW in my backyard!

DANG THAT "GLOBAL WARMING!"

R. McAuley 3014V
01-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Ah live in Middle-Georgia and can't shoot my musket today-blinded by all of that SNOW in my backyard!

DANG THAT "GLOBAL WARMING!"

Brannen,

What you see in your backyard is not SNOW. What you see in your backyard is merely a DUSTING for them folk up nawth... if you want to see SNOW, might I recommend Fort Greeley in central Alaska (about 100 miles south of North Pole). Below is a view of the Alaska Range with Mt. Hayes on the right. This was a warm day... just 45 below.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii305/rmac1023/Img_0040.jpg

Edwin Flint, 8427
01-12-2011, 06:44 PM
Dave, no new PM since my last response.