PDA

View Full Version : Rapine

ian45662
01-08-2011, 08:33 PM
Does rapine still make any molds at all? If so could someone give me his number

Francis J. Miller Jr, 02601
01-08-2011, 09:01 PM
ian45662,

I believe he is totally out of business.

DAVE FRANCE
01-08-2011, 10:35 PM
Wasn't he trying to sell his business?

David

Scott Kurki, 12475
01-14-2011, 01:39 PM
I had heard that he was out of business but then I did see his booth open with him in it at the last Nationals. Is there any update on his status?

John Holland
01-14-2011, 05:07 PM
Ellsworth Rapine has shut the doors to the business.

Yes, the business was for sale....no takers.

And, yes he had his booth open at the last Nationals selling remaining inventory and non related personally owned items.

JDH

bulletmoulds
01-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Regarding RAPINE He is alive and WELL. HE WILL BE SET UP AT THE SPRING NAT. However he is retired, not out of business. Orders will be received depending on material availability. Delivery time unknown could be 3 to 4 months. HE is doing a lot of traveling which he could not do when he was running a full time business. No one lives forever,even if you belong to the N-SSA. Yes the business is for sale. A very limited number of orders will be received at the nat. Again depending if he can obtain the proper material for the moulds. He uses a special alloy of hard aluminum,not run of the mill soft aluminum. If you wish to reach RAPINE call 1-215-679-6442 Due to travel he may may not answer the phone. In that case call until you get him. His phone may or may not have an answer machine on. Remember we all want to retire and have uninterrupted leisure. YES -THE BUSINESS IS FOR SALE Please don't call and ask " HOW MUCH DO YOU WANT FOR THE BUSINESS" In stead send a letter stating your interest in the business, along with a copy of your financial statement, and set up an appointment to view the business. Thanks for your support ELLSWORTH

Eggman
01-15-2011, 11:11 AM
According to the riverboat episodes of Davy Crockett, Mike Fink was "born too mean to die." The only guy like that in the N-SSA is Bob Propst of the 44th GA.

John Holland
01-16-2011, 08:08 PM
With all due respect to Bob Propst, I'll put Half-Dead Fred up against anybody for survivability.

JDH