PDA

View Full Version : maynard screws

ead
12-22-2010, 09:09 PM
I have a 2nd model Maynard in nice shape however the screws are buggered. The guy I got it from gave me new reproduction screws that he obtained from one of the online suppliers (he doesn't remember which one) but I don't want to use them because they are short and the the ends are flat and not rounded. Does anyone know where to get screws with the appearance of originals? This is too nice a Maynard to leave with jacked up screws. I know one of the members makes them but he's apparently too busy right now. I'm afraid of ordering them and getting the same incorrect ones. :roll:

RaiderANV
12-22-2010, 09:58 PM
If it's that nice ah Maynard why don't you stick original screws back in it?

I know someone that has a pile of them. :wink:

Lee Hoffecker
12-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Sir:
There is an interesting article in the Feb. 2011 issue of Shooting Times Magazine
on how to restore buggered up heads on gun screws. It might be helpful and save
money instead of buying replacement orginial screws.
Lee

S.Sullivan
01-05-2011, 05:46 PM
Save time, trouble and aggrivation, contact Pat (above) and get originals. Any other path will get you lost.
S.Sullivan

RaiderANV
01-05-2011, 07:33 PM
All Maynard original parts paths lead to me anyways,,,,,,,OK,,,,,,,,and the other side of the Pearly Gates Green

Gray Ghost
01-07-2011, 01:43 PM
Sir,
If you want Maynard screws, then you can't go wrong with PJ Kelly. You will never meet a more honest and helpful individual. He will have the original parts you need and at a fair price.
Larry