PDA

View Full Version : Converting Pedersoli Double Set Trigger to Single?

Dominic Infante, 8359V
12-05-2010, 11:59 AM
Can the Pedersoli double set trigger assembly on the 1859 model military rifle be converted to a single trigger assembly which would be legal for N-SSA competition? I could not tell in comparing the trigger assembly in my Pedersoli Sharps carbine to the picture of the Pedersoli double set trigger assembly on page 143 of the Dixie Gun Works 2010 catalog. If it cannot, I suppose an option would be to purchase a single set trigger assembly (Flintlocks, Etc. sells them) and then put the double set assembly up for sell on our BB. However, a simple conversion would be so much simpler.

John Holland
12-05-2010, 12:51 PM
Dominic -

Long before my tenure as Chairman of the Small Arms Committee a decision was made to allow the Berdan Sharps Rifle to be used in the N-SSA as long as the set function was disabled by completely removing the rear trigger from the trigger group. That permits you to use the front trigger in normal fashion, and then restore the arm back to the Berdan configuration whenever you desire to do so. I still suport that decision.

Some competitors have opted to replace the entire double set trigger group with a single trigger unit. The choice is yours.

John Holland
Chairman, SAC

Dominic Infante, 8359V
12-05-2010, 05:01 PM
John:

Thanks for the prompt response.

Dominic