PDA

View Full Version : Public Service Announcement - A New Book

John Holland
12-02-2010, 11:19 AM
As many of you know, I'm involved in more things than just the N-SSA. One of the subjects I've always been interested in is the American Longrifle, aka the Pennsylvania Rifle, or the Kentucky Rifle. As a member of the KRA, I recently received an announcement for a newly published book. This landmark work is "North Carolina Schools of Longrifles 1765 - 1865", by Wm. Ivey. It includes a section that covers the Confederate rifles, swords, accouterments, etc. manufactured in North Carolina during the Civil War. The photography is extremely well done by one of our very own N-SSA members, none other than Kenneth Orr of the 27th North Carolina. Kenneth is not only an accomplished photographer and N-SSA member, but also a very valued member of the Small Arms Committee. For those of you who may be interested here is the address to the website for the book, where you can see examples of pages from the book in full color, http://www.northcarolinalongrifles.com.

Yep! Santa Claus is bringing me a copy!

JDH

Jack C., 69th NY
12-02-2010, 02:16 PM
Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! Ho Ho Ho!

John Holland
12-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Dear Jack -

Thank you for thinking of me....Yes, the latest measurement is 3 1/2 feet and....yes it's still snowing....Want some?

JDH

jerry ashley
12-03-2010, 07:03 AM
What a great morning for scrapple and hot coffee.

Ron/The Old Reb
12-03-2010, 08:32 AM
John
Had you stayed in Lock Haven you would not be shoveling that white crap. You would probably be swimming in your basement. Green