PDA

View Full Version : Richmond carbine FS

S.Sullivan
11-03-2008, 10:00 AM
I have a great Richmond carbine for sale but put it in the Small Arms thread.
Duh, a senior moment of the first order.
Steve Sullivan

RaiderANV
11-03-2008, 10:53 AM
"Senior" moment #2 Stevie,,,,,ya fergots da price :roll:

S.Sullivan
11-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Yo Patsy,
The price, postpaid via USPS Priority to your door is $1000.00, as stated in the thread I put elsewhere. Steve Doyle and his people did a great job on this one.
I may put up your Mississippi soon as well. I hate doing this but the eyes are going (diabetes) and now I am now in dialysis three times a week for kidney failure and it is hard to walk or stand for any length of time. And all this medical stuff is expensive, and I gots poor insurance to boot!
Enjoy life and shoot straight, and I hope urban sprawl doesn't hit Madison any time soon.
Steve Sullivan
ex-104th and 46th Illinois, N-SSA

RaiderANV
11-05-2008, 10:35 AM
Enjoy life and shoot straight, and I hope urban sprawl doesn't hit Madison any time soon.
Steve Sullivan
ex-104th and 46th Illinois, N-SSA

Naw,,,,I gots enuff acers round me that it won't be ah problem. Learned back in 63' I needed a larger field of fire. :wink:

And if'n yer sellin' the Mississippi :shock: I WANT IT BACK!! I sold it when I was tight up fer fund way back when. Funny how we have ta parts wit our toyz fer the same reasons. :cry:

Muley Gil
11-05-2008, 11:17 AM
Here's your ad, Steve:

"Made by N-SSA's own Steve Doyle. Originally an 1855 rifled-musket, real one, not Italian, Steve used the barrel, stock and bands and filled in the rest with high quality repro material. Made into a Richmond carbine much as done by Confederate ordnance in 1862 from parts or battlefield salvage. Original bore is great, sharp.
I bought this from an N-SSA member here in the Western Region for my son in Texas, but the son has gone CASS on me, and I no longer can skirmish
I was told it shoots a thin skirted .579 Gardner over 38 grains of 3f Goex. I have not fired the weapon.
$1,000.00 to your door via USPS Priority Mail.
Steve Sullivan"

Sorry to hear that your health is getting worse.

I really appreciate the knapsack that you sent me a while back.

If anyone doesn't know Steve, he is a gentleman of of the first degree. I have bought some fine gear from him over the years, including an excellent P-H 1853. Buy with confidence!!

S.Sullivan
11-05-2008, 10:28 PM
Photos available should they be needed.
Steve Sullivan

Jim Leinicke 7368V
11-17-2008, 06:11 PM
Okay, curiousity overwhelms me and I will bite. How about sending some pictures? Send to <usrifle1841@sbcglobal.net>.

Thanks-
Jim

S.Sullivan
11-17-2008, 11:14 PM
Jim,
Photos sent, which beats
BTT.
Steve Sullivan

S.Sullivan
11-22-2008, 12:27 PM
BTT
Steve Sullivan

MSgt3227
12-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Okay, curiousity overwhelms me and I will bite. How about sending some pictures? Send to <usrifle1841@sbcglobal.net>.

Thanks-
Jim

So, did Jim buy it? I was over to his house a couple days ago, and he was showing me some of his "stuff" (I was dropping off my "new" Maynard for appreciation and approval), and my head was spinning when I left... Told my wife I wanted to start matching Jim's stuff - she let me out of the doghouse this morning finally...

S.Sullivan
12-19-2008, 12:05 PM
No, Jim did not buy, but he did say he wiould recommend it to a member of the 114th. Send me your e-mail address and I can send photos if you have the itch.
A friend took me to Springfield in August and we spent a day at the National Guard Museum and saw a great deal of Jim's work in evidence. He is highly though of at that institution, and deservatively so.
Steve Sullivan