PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Rifle

Hipshot
10-31-2010, 03:15 PM
Anybody have any experience with the Euroarms or Armi Sport Mississippi. How do they handle compared to the Remington Zouave? I think I remember the origionals were .54 cal. and the new repros come in either .54 or .58 cal. Any known problems with the repros? Would Armi sport and Euroarms be of the same quality?
Thanks

MAPedersen
10-31-2010, 06:42 PM
I have a stock Euroarms Mississippi, biggest issue is the "tomb stone" non-adjustable rear site which was standard on the originals. I've put a couple thousand rounds through it without any mechanical problems.

Greg Ogdan, 11444
11-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Check with the SAC for a spec sheet. Not that hard to convert it to a Mounted Infantry model. then uyou will have a great rear sight.

MAPedersen
11-02-2010, 10:44 AM
Looks like the mounted infantry spec requires the .54 bore.

Is there an approved variation for the Benton rear sight and .58 barrel? I have replaced my original Euoroarms 1841 with a James River varient E which has been great to shoot.

Greg Ogdan, 11444
11-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Mark,
I want to say yes, but you better check with someone in SAC. BTW, The Benton sight is, I think, a bit fragile. And doesn't that require a milled side flat and clamped on bayonet lug?

John Holland
11-03-2010, 12:59 AM
Mr. Pedersen -

There are two types of Benton Screw sighted Mississippi Rifles recognized for use in the N-SSA, either of which are allowable in .54 or .58 caliber.

Contact me direct using the email address shown for me in the front section of every issue of the Skirmish Line magazine. I will then send you copies of the SAC sheets for both rifles.

Sincerely,
John Holland
Chairman, Small Arms Committee