PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Carbine Front Sight

Gray Ghost
10-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Would someone be so kind as to tell me the the correct distance from the front of the front sight to the front of the muzzle on a Richmond Carbine?
Thanks for your time.
Larry Carmichael

Rebel Dave
10-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Grey Ghost

On my Richmond Carbine (dated 1863) the distance from front of sight to muzzle tip is 1In.., That being said. The distances for measureing bands, and sight placements, on firearms for the N-SSA, are measured from the back of the breach, (not including the tang), to the rear of the sight, or band.
On my Richmond Carb the BBL is 25 1/2 inches long, from the back of the breach, from the back of the breach to the back of the front sight it is 23 15/16th in. The front sight is 1/2in long. Their are tolerances on this, and I beleve they are + or - 1/8th in.(maybe some one who knows for sure will chime in on the tolerance)

Hope this helps

Rebel Dave aka Dave C.

John Holland
10-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Larry,

The proper location is 24.0" from the back edge of the barrel to the back of the front sight base.

The SAC stopped measuring from the muzzle due to the +/- tolerance of the OAL of the barrel.

My email address is in the front section of every Skirmish Line, drop me a line and I'll be happy to send you the SAC sheets for a Richmond Carbine and how we measure things.

John Holland
SAC