PDA

View Full Version : enfield sight

ian45662
10-18-2010, 05:05 PM
How do I make the rear sight of my 3 band enfield into a peep sight?

FirstNation
10-18-2010, 11:28 PM
I did this to my Parker Hale Musketoon. It's a really basic non permanent peep sight you can make in less than 15 minutes. I started to explain how I did it, but I think if you just look at my pics they will be self explanatory! You may have to experiment to get your peep holes correct for your particular shooting distance. I wound up drilling two holes, one for short range and the other for long. FYI- Just tried to attach my pics but a popup says sorry, the "board attachment quota" has been reached. If you email me I'll send you the pics.

afwagner
11-28-2010, 09:51 PM
i also need this info for myself could you send me the same info

marv762
11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
you just need to file the sight on the back side of the notch to get it clean, and solder a piece of metal onto it. drill your hole at your 50 yard height. I filed down the next step up on the base to get 100 yard setting. short and sweet. Marv

Southron Sr.
12-01-2010, 05:08 PM
If you have access to a milling machine do the following:

1. Remove the flip-up leaf from the sight.

2. Chuck up a Dremel Tool "Cut Off" disc in the Mill and lock the sight in the mill's vise.

3. Cut a fairly deep channel (left to right) in the portion of the sight that has the "V" notch in it.

4. Insert a piece of hack saw blade in the channel and solder same in the channel.

5. Drill your "Peep Sight" hole!

6. Hint: The advantage of this is that you can adjust your "Windage" a bit by heating the solder and moving the blade left or right as required!

I used this method to make a "Partridge" rear sight for my P-H Enfield Naval Rifle and it works GREAT!